Pack Goat Central

Full Version: What did you do today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can't chat today. I'm leaving in a few and won't be back till late, at which point I have a date with Phil, Rambo, and Rocky to watch "Rambo II". We watched "Rocky" with the Nubian bucklings the other night. Gotta make sure these kids grow up big and manly since they'll be siring next year's kids. Big Grin
Hi everyone!!! Miss you guys, I need to get on here more! Seems like I may be able to hike some this year (very carefully) since my injuries are getting better (somewhat). Hopefully I'll get inspired and be on here more. Hope you all are well!
Hello ALL
I have been suspecting the Goat Boy's of getting on my computer for some time.
Hoof Prints and Slobber on the keyboard.
So I set up my time sequence camera / game camera.
The evidence is in. Smile
It caught them in the office here at BC1 , at the desk were the computer terminal is located.
Then they also raided the dog food dish.
There is a picture of Sam on the keyboard but not good enough to post. Sad
They were not trying to disable or chew wires for the computer.
I think they must have had to send out a goat network critical message and their "encryption" is impossible to break. Even Apple and FBI can not comprehend goat language. Smile
Enjoy
[Image: zdfvzatkau9h0jpfbsj1.jpg]
Caught in the office at the computer center and "Trying " to play the Innocent looking Goat game.
Yes, go ahead and comment my office is a mess it is one thing I can not blame  on the goats.  That is part of the reason we get along with goats. Smile
BTY: One of them is trying  to poison me, I have a patch of Poison Ivy on my arm were they nuzzle up and lick.
Yes, it and Poison Oak are out down here and they eat it (MMMM GOOD) But the sap gets on their fur and they rub it off on me. Mind Control Needed ( DO NOT SCRATCH IT)
Happy Trails
hihobaron Pete and Sam
IdahoNancy
RE: Tractor Supply
If you don't have a feed store other than TSC you use get your goat friends to use TSC.
The more "Demand" for animal care products by spices the better selection you a likely to get.
Yes, in a way they are a big box store and their onsite inventory and re-stocking is based of a record of items sold.
Plus you can use their web site to order specially items to be delivered to the store for pick up.
Happy Trails
hihobaron Pete and Sam
There's a 35 acre off-grid parcel that borders 1/3rd of my land coming up for a tax sale on May 4th - starting bid is $1,386!!!! Some people were out looking at it today, they want to build a house. Waaaa! I have no cash, I can't compete. I want neighbors I like, pack goat people!! I'd like to buy it just to keep it empty, or at least let it go to someone I'd like to have as a neighbor. Darn... Come on, you know you want to move here, with the Eastern Sierra just 4 miles in front of your front door! Smile
Hello All
I and the Boy's did not make an expeditions today. Would have been a "Perfect Day"
But, I did take a walk on property down to our Log Storage (for Fire Wood) area.
I don't need to build Goat Toy's. Smile
They bounced all over the saw logs and used them to get at the low hanging new growth leaves on the trees around the  area. Who say's goats will not take advantage of a situation??  Smile Took them all of 30 seconds to figure out
"Stand on Tree trunk/stump" and fresh greens are for the eating.

[attachment=2520]
Can we eat everything we can reach
[attachment=2521]

[attachment=2522]

Burp, but we can still watch camp, good logs,good brush= Happy Goats

Happy Trails
hihobaron Pete and Sam
Hello All
Well it has happened I have a "Bouncing" baby boy kid. Smile
One I delivered back on March 8.
His first day here at BC 1 has gone good.  Pete and Sam pushed him around a bit but that is normal when you bring a new animal into a established herd.
He has his  horns and family jewels still intact.
Horns at this stage I can not do much about. To Big already. See pictures.
Family jewels I can fix. (Snip Snip)
=========================
So I now have a "integrated" goat herd. Nobody can accuse me of being racist.
One Brown (Pete) One Black and White (Sam) and Now a Pure White one (Fuzzy)
Fuzzy from not being handled at all learned to "Yield" to to a collar, lay down when I and the boys settled down even get lead around (a bit) Smile and meet new people and Max my dog. As well as this being his first day off his mom (weaning) and away from his "Herd"
Fuzzy has had a busy/stressful  day.  I have put him up in the Redneck Goat Shed with Pete and Sam to "Guard" him. I did put him in the Goat Tote and locked him in so the boy's could not get "rough" with him.
He is under my camera system, IR shows the goat tote well. Smile
More on the adventures of Fuzzy later.
BTY:
Being all white he is a prime candidate for being used as a "Live Canvas" for painting. Smile
[Image: w8cuaq6jbkwooi9jzhfn.jpg]
I have a new Kid

[Image: bytxhl8zioapitrkcpza.jpg]
 Time to Relax 
[img=328x0]http://res.cloudinary.com/mainstreampreppers/image/upload/v1461985554/blu9dnyhqdp2qx8y3jrc.jpg[/img]
 Don't bother me I had a rough day
[Image: tyoks52rggfgfojowzha.jpg]
Talk to horns bro there is a new Marshal in town.
Happy Trails
hihobaron Fuzzy,Pete and Sam

What a big, beautiful boy! He's huge and has really big horns for being less than two months old! Pete and Sam had better be careful how they treat this guy--it won't be long before he's a lot bigger than they are. He really shouldn't be weaned so young though. Goats should get milk until they are at least three or four months old. Not that it's the end of the world--Cuzco was about that age when he was weaned (and not nearly as big).
Hello Nanno
RE: weaning
I am bottle feeding him Goat Milk from the neighbors (Raw) and also a vet approved mix of Whole Cow milk.Half and Half and Butter milk.
After holding him and some walking training today I let him loose with the lead line dragging to be with my boys.
He went and stayed with them and is eating brush good. even showing off by walking /using a down tree to get at better brush leaves.Smile I have mentioned I don't need "Goat Toy's" the area around BC1 is full of Natural Goat Toys's
I think he is going to be big. His left front leg is a "little" off at the knee but he dose Square up nicely, on his own.
His Mother they sold today and she was a FF but not producing what they wanted. That is why he is weaned early.
So I have a free pack goat prospect that is Alpine X Saanen mix.
He has already proved he has more then a few brain cells under the horns. Maybe more than me. Smile

[attachment=2532]
I can Do this

[attachment=2533]

Fuzzy and the OLD boy's at work

Happy Trails 
Wish us Good Luck
hihobaron Fuzzy, Pete and Sam
Cute!!!