Pack Goat Central

Full Version: What did you do today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hummm what to bring what to bring.... Vodka, Fireball, Strongbow... Smile
Taffy
Have a Great time
I would love to be out there with you and the crew.
But I can't get the permission from the goat boys here to go walkabout without them.
They want to fly First Class not Cargo.
I think they are afraid I might find some better looking goats. Smile
============================

As to Things done here today.
So I had to satisfy them with putting in the Air Conditioning for the Red Neck Goat Shed.
Also keeps the Goat Union off my hinny, The Union has threatened to file charges with PETA. If I leave.
So they have a Ceiling Fan now. 97 degrees here today and no wind were we are.
The boy's figured out real fast were the "Breeze" was and settled down in it.
Question for Ya'll: How many of you have fans in your goats stalls/sheds???  Smile
Happy Goats make for Happy Trails
hihobaron Blizzard, Fuzzy,Pete Sam and the Troops in SC
(06-22-2016, 10:43 PM)Dave-Trinity-Farms Wrote: [ -> ]Hummm what to bring what to bring.... Vodka, Fireball, Strongbow... Smile

Hello Dave
Vodka, Canadian Whiskey, Brandy (Not the Goat) Tonic Water, Sprite, Sour mix, Real Beer not the light stuff.
Hello all
Well I used the boy's as a casual research project today. they all survived.
With it being 90+ here today, turned them out early to work the brush until it got hot.
Called them back in at about 85 degrees put them on the tie line.
There is shade at both ends. BTY: the high line is just over 100 feet long at this time.
Pete and Sam my "Colored" goats(No Horns) came into the shade right away panting and laid down perfectly happy to lay and chew the cud.  The two White Boy's Blizzard and Fuzzy with horns stayed out in the sun no panting, chose to lay down when they wanted to would get up browse lay down in the sun again and chew the cud.
So from this observational study of 4 goats, my conclusion for now is that horned goats do indeed have a very good heat radiation system built into their horns that helps them in a big way under hot conditions.
Of course their pure white color probably is a factor too.
Side Fact: Most All of the old Circus's Prefered Gray/White Percheron Draft horses for their wagons (Mud Shows) when they would drive from town to town to perform.
Reasons: #1 They resisted the heat of the sun better than a dark horse.
#2 Gray/White are easy to Match up into good looking Teams, Good Looking is what the Circus was all about. Nanno
#3 Once camp was set and the Big Top was up they were cleaned up and Performed as the "Liberty" horses for the Vaulters,Acrobats, Trick riders. Still do today.
========================================
Moving on:
Next Step on the Science Project here: Goat Horn Heat Radiation.
I think I'll get a IR remote temperature gun and start measuring horn temperature when it is cool in the morning and then at night when it is hot. Keep a record. Smile  We will see what happens.
Happy Trails
Keep Cool
hihobaron Blizzard,Fuzzy,Pete ,Sam and the Troops in SC
Hello All
Nanno here is a idea I am going to pass on to ya'll
I will make the first post here and if you want to make it into it's own area/ thread that is ok with me.
It is intended to be a fun place to tell those "Embarrassing" /funny goat stories, that make good Campfire tails
=====================================

Redneck with goats:
Hello All
You know you are are Redneck Goat Person when:
It gets to hot in the Trailer with the AC Running and you Go outside and sit under the same tree in the shade and open air with a breeze a good audio book, a cold beverage, with the goats gathered around you.
Then you start thinking,Hmmm Science Project time when you see 2 are panting, 2 are not???
Time to take some temperatures and run a graph. Smile  
Happy Trails
hihobaron Blizzard,Fuzzy,Pete,Sam and the Troops in South Carolina.
Hello All
Main Project for today:
Relocate one of my Remote Security cameras.
Now that I have goats on a rope project (Training ) going and hot weather I want to be able to watch them as well as the main trail into BC1. I think I can get enough FOV from the top front of my Goose Neck trailer with a magnetic mount system and a high angle of view of the goats when they are on the tie line. I'll just have to "Remember" to take it down when I use the trailer. Smile Have to unplug the power from the trailer to move it any way.
Happy Trails
hihobaron Blizzard,Fuzzy,Pete ,Sam and the Troops on SC
Hello All
Thought Ya'll might like this picture.
From all of us Rednecks here in SC.
Enjoy
hihobaron Blizzard, Fuzzy, Pete ,Sam and the Troops in SC.

Goat Powered Washing Machine

[attachment=2723]

Note: Use White goats for brighter colors. Big Grin
LOL my goats would be like, pfft! you wash your own damn clothes... and while your at it, make me a sandwich
HA! Love that washing machine!! Even better would be a goat-powered ice cream churn!

Dave, how was the Rendy?? You have to give us the scoop!
Dave-Trinity-Farms
Hello Dave
RE : LOL my goats would be like, pfft! you wash your own damn clothes... and while your at it, make me a sandwich:
==========================================
Hello Dave:
If that response happens here they will be on the grill the next day,
Explained in detail to them the rules here when each came in  "My Way or the Gill, no Road option" Smile
Also explained how good I make Goat Jerky (Tasty too)
BTY: I do believe in PETA;  People Eating Tasty Animals.  Smile

Happy Trails Dave
hihobaron Blizzard,Fuzzy,Pete,Sam and the troops in SC.