Pack Goat Central

Full Version: What did you do today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-11-2014, 06:05 PM)Taffy Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you want him to jump on things and stay until you ask him to get down?

Oh, just for fun. He'll be like a little circus goat! I want to see if he'll ride my horse too. That might not last long--he's going to be a big boy pretty soon!
What will you and Phil think of next!? Tongue
[attachment=985]
Our 4-H is filling food boxes at the food bank.
^ That's great! What a neat thing to do.

Today I took Lilly to get bred, but unfortunately she went out of heat in the hour and a half between the time I left home and the time I got to the buck. I knew I was pushing the envelope a bit, but gee whiz, girl! Couldn't you have held out just a little bit longer??

Anyway, he's a gorgeous boy--very tall and leggy the way I like, and his dam has this udder:
[attachment=991]

Lilly desperately needs to be bred to excellent udder bucks because hers needs help! She's a phenomenal producer, but she hasn't got the attachment for that kind of quantity!

Here's "Chester":
[attachment=992]

I'll take Lilly back to him in three weeks when she cycles back in. And just for fun, he's got the cutest little nose!
[attachment=993]
Chester ought to produce a lot of color bred with your girls! How old is Chester?
Chester is about 8-9 months old. He's very tall for his age! The lady holding him is about six feet tall I believe. He looks like he has a roached back in the first photo, but that's only because he's standing weird. He's nice and level when he's standing properly or walking around. I was pleasantly surprised by his color. I didn't actually know what color he was until I brought Lilly. I was totally going off his pedigree, his mom's picture, and what the owner told me!
(12-13-2014, 02:27 PM)michael Wrote: [ -> ]Our 4-H is filling food boxes at the food bank.

That's a wonderful community service for the kids!
A couple of years ago, I learned how to make simple needle-felting projects. So, with the help of a basic cookie cutter & some additional embellishments, I made a decoration for the annual ornament exchange:
Those are awesome ornaments. I'd love to have the directions.
You guys should look in to the Krampus. Apparently the same legends that spawned Santa had a darker side-- The Krampus was a sort of devil goat satyr type of guy that was the opposite of Santa. What kids these days dont know is that if you did not get gifts from Santa, the Krampus might kidnap you and carry you off to eat or something. Now I for one would love to see this Krampus character get more attention these days.