Pack Goat Central

Full Version: What did you do today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I "think" I have come up for a gulp of air!  Yes, yes - I see blue sky!   Big Grin 

I am/was the chair person for a goat show that had over 200 goats entered this past weekend.  The months of preparation, the day of the show and everything following the show have consumed my life.  I'm almost at the finish line!  Just a little more financial paperwork and it's done!

My favorite part of any goat show or other event is the youth.  I especially love watching the youngest age group of 5-8 show their goats.  We also have a judge who is absolutely fabulous with kids.  Check out this photo of him with a 5 year old exhibitor.  Precious!

[attachment=2703]

What's next?  The NAPgA Rendezvous!  Bourbon and Morgan have been anxiously awaiting this camping trip so their hooves can hit the trail!  They have been extremely disgruntled and put out because my time has been consumed by the goat show!

Counting the days to the Rendy................
So much fun!
Hello All
There was a Goat Napping in the area here today.
Split Creek Farms a very well run Grade A Dairy goat farm I have visited and bought products from.
The have a "Educational" area were they keep bottle raised kids that have just been banded and dehorned.
Two guy's  came in to "Look" around and the clerk turned her back for a minute for something on a shelf got it ,turned around and they are both running out the door with a 7-10 day old kid.
She got the plate #  Georgia and got the LEO's on the trail with in 15 minutes. Good Response on her part. Smile
Put it up on Social Media,etc. "Just return the goat, no questions asked."
It must have worked, Goat showed at front gate by late afternoon. So there is a Happy Outcome to the event.
Happy Trails
Goat Nappers should be Hung
hihobaron Blizzard, Fuzzy,Pete Sam and the Troops in South Carolina
The goats are in trouble. They forgot to pay up on their termite insurance and now look!

[Image: goat_shack_01.jpg]

[Image: goat_shack_02.jpg]
Charlie Horse
Looks more like the rare Goat Termites.
Freezer Camp is the only solution for them.
Or rebuilding with totes like I made our Goat Tote out of?
Goat Termites don't like plastic or steel. Smile
My Red Neck Goat Shed uses all steel frame and Truck Tarp grade cover No problems with the goat boys here chewing on the tarp and I have enough headspace inside the horned boys are unlikely to punch holes in it..
Full up Cost about 100 bucks and it dose class as a portable building. Code Wise.

[attachment=2704]

Now with the new "Boy's" here I am going to have to get another tote and make a Codo in the shed. Smile

Happy Trails
hihobaron Blizzard,Fuzzy,Pete ,Sam and the Troops.
(06-17-2016, 04:10 PM)hihobaron Wrote: [ -> ]Hello All
There was a Goat Napping in the area here today.
Two guy's  came in to "Look" around and the clerk turned her back for a minute for something on a shelf got it ,turned around and they are both running out the door with a 7-10 day old kid.

I can't believe the nerve of some folks! I'm glad the goat was returned unharmed, but it's horrible that someone would take one in the first place!
Nanno and All
RE:Goat Napping
It is also not uncommon for a team to puppy nap at pet stores, distract the clerk grab a display puppy and walk out the door. Those never come back, and purebred puppies especially of the small breeds are the prime target.
Most are from Puppy MIlls but pet stores will put a 3-500 dollar price tag on them.
Or you find the people in Wal-Mart Parking lot with a box full of ???? puppies/kittens selling them for what they can get.
For myself I raised good GS and Dobermen for years veted them and got AKC papers on all of them.
Then when the people visited to look,I made the decision as to it they would be a good home for the dog.
Turned down a few "Opps sorry last one was sold yesterday"
====================

Moving on:
Today, Max (Trail Dog)is showing his age 11 years. Labrador X But still good on the trail.
I am thinking/wanting to get a replacement for him, but do not want a pup.
I'll re-home a 2-3 year old rescue dog first. I can teach/train them to work in my environment better than a pup.
One breed of dog I think I would like to work with would be a Standard Poodle with a good disposition.
Have known a couple good ones. BTY: AKC Classified as Working Dogs (Retrievers/Hunting)
=======================================

Last Note:
Blizzard and Fuzzy are still alive after being banded for 2 days.
Question ???? How long dose it take for the family Jewels to drop off? Problems to watch for???

hihbaron,Blizzard,Fuzzy,Pete,Sam, and the Troops in South Carolina?
Today was spent in preparation of leaving for the Rendy tomorrow afternoon!  I can hardly  wait for the fun to begin!  I'm taking 2 year old Bourbon (my service goat Wink Heart ) and Morgan, my yearling seasoned traveler who went to Utah and hiked the San Rafael Swell and Goblin Valley last fall.  24 hours from now I'll be sitting by a campfire with goat people!
I am SOOOO jealous! Have fun!