Pack Goat Central

Full Version: What did you do today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All
Today's Goat Tail
Managed to get the sidewalls up on the Redneck Goat Shed.
As you know my boys run loose around camp when I am here.
They have to have their nose into everything. I had to make some pockets for the base poles to slide through, Fold the tarp material over and Gorilla Tape (Super Duty Duck Tape ) to form a pocket to slide pole through to anchor the bottom of the sidewall curtain.
Well sitting on the ground with a razor knife cutting strips of tape that will take off your skin if it seals down good.
Well the boys had to come over and supervise. I am dealing with very sticky tape and a razor sharp knife and have goats bumping my elbow Looking over my shoulder and making sure the job is done right. After ALL it is going to be their house. Big Grin 
So I had more help than needed. Well they finally drifted off into the brush to so some work (Eating Brush).
Then I started the other side and had to go through the same thing. Goats are Persistent pest?
Well OK, the inspection and kibitzing did not take as long. Back to work they go.
Now I move to back wall and am folding extra tarp and zip tying it to cattle panels and taping seams.
Boys are back and inside climbing on the tube gate bases to see what I am doing closing up the back of their shed.
Ok, got that  Done. Took a break to look it over and think about next step. Boys came up for a break too.

Then decided they would test the sides by rubbing on it. Full Body rubs the whole length of the structure. Structure barely moved.
Not that I would have expected it to.. I have used the same idea in heavy snow areas and snow just slides off. No chance of snow collapse.

So that was today's what did I do and what did the goats do to help.
Pictures to come soon of Red Neck Goat Shed with all the walls up.
Happy Trails
hihobaron
While they can be pests while I'm trying to get something done they also make me laugh at the same time. I can't stay in a bad mood around my goats! Sounds like you're having fun with your boys.
Happy Thanksgiving 
Here is a Thanksgiving Goat Story for Ya'll
Enjoy

The Thanksgiving Goat

Pete,Sam, Max and myself survied Turkey Day. "Ett" way to much and paid the price of napping all afternoon.
I was invited to have Thanksgiving with a friend and his wife. Only the two of them. Good thing I know them well.
So I told them ok I'll bring a dish to pass and can my kids come along. Smile
Sure they said. They do know about the goats and have met them. My Dog Max is a well proven party animal.Smile
So we loaded the goats in the back seat of the truck Max got his normal place as co-piolet. But was not real happy with the back seat crew sticking there heads through between the bucket seats to Kabits. 
Moving on we all got up to friends OK only a mile and half on backroads.
Pulled in and Mark looked in the truck and said "I have to get wife down here and get a picture." Also muttered "Your Crazy" Smile

Well, we unloaded it was entertaining seeing the goats come out of the back seat of the truck.
Both headed for the grass and weeds in Marks yard. Fine.
I unloaded my contribution to dinner (Grilled Cabbage and Rudabaga) and we all sat down to watch the goats. Mark's wife was laughing her head off.
The question was asked will they stick around? Their property has busy roads around it. I told them for now yes, but have a tie rope with.

Ended up putting Sam on picket line. Pete will never go far from me or Sam.

Dinner was Turkey/Ham and all the fixings. The day was so nice we filled plates and went out to eat on deck in the sun.
 Well Sam had been troting up and down the steps from the ground to the deck to see were I was. Yes ,he is bonded.
So we went out and settled at the table on the deck, Sam came over between me and Mark and put his front feet up on bench to see what we were doing.
He was "Polite" NOT looking for handouts , I don't permit that anyway.
Next thing you know he is in the middle of the table !!!!!!!!  Goats are quick you know.  Everybody grabed their wine glass and plate no problems no wine spilled. I gave him a push on the rump and he bounced right back down to the deck on the other side of table. Smile
So we finished  Thanksgiving Dinner with Sam going back down to "consult" with Pete.
TG dinner was finished with no other interruptions. "Burp"
It would have been a clasic Americas Funiest Home video selection. Only no camera was running. @#$

Happy Thanksgiving 
Stay Safe
hihobaron

[attachment=2095]

Truck Goats and the Max has to put up with "THEM"
(11-25-2015, 09:40 AM)Taffy Wrote: [ -> ]While they can be pests while I'm trying to get something done they also make me laugh at the same time.  I can't stay in a bad mood around my goats!  Sounds like you're having fun with your boys.

All to True Taffy.
It was horse trimming day here today. My Farrier showed up over a hour "EARLY"  GASP
Both of us are gun nuts. Smile
He brought his 14 year old son along.
One of his first question always is "You Have any new guns" 
This time I had to say no. Sad
But if you have time we can play with some.
His response was sure I am ahead of schedule and know your horses will not make trouble.
Actually they do by going to sleep when he is working on them.
So with goats running around we killed some tin cans with Air Soft Pistol and let his son shoot them too..
Goats were under foot and could have cared less about gun fire..
Granted the Air Soft gun sounds like a 22 pistol.
Still no skitish goats.
Ok went to trim horses. all are just field trims.
I have a herd that instead of running, glom onto the people in the pasture. Gee sounds like something my goats learned from the horses.??? 
Try trimming a horse with 4 others Kabitising and making sure the Farrier is doing it right. Smile
Yes, I can keep them off, but with in reason HE enjoys the attention of the herd and always has said "I like these kind of horses better than the ones you have to chase to do.
Yes I have a assembly line here for horse trims, do one, grab the next one and go on.
No fuss or arguments. "Simple"
Horses have also been known to hand him the next tool needed.
Hello All
Here is the Third Part of the Redneck Goat Shed story:
Every thing is covered and pulled tight, front gate and walk through gate are hung and "SOLID".
Hay Feeder ,Water Bucket, Grain Pan, and Rubber Mat on the ground installed.
Goat Boy's have moved in today, and are checking their new digs out.
Still have to plumb in their water supply, electricity for lights, bucket heater, then hook up the CCV camera so they can have their own TV channel.  Smile   They want to produce a Goat Reality Show. Redneck Productions is bidding for the rights.
Any questions about the Redneck Goat Shed Project feel free to send them to me.
I'll get the answers strait from the goats mouth and pass it on to you. Smile
Happy Trails
Go Goat
hihobaron

[Image: w8ju4g6obmxq2k9djoap.jpg]
First time in the Redneck Goat Shed for the Boy's
[Image: ko7gb5rkqsjkpvldww7s.jpg]
Looking things over
[Image: fylwf6c1c8dvsyiwdbrk.jpg]
See I can get up here to, Hay taste Good.
Happy Trails
hihobaron
Nice job!

Would those happen to be paintball blobs on the tarp? Tongue
(12-07-2015, 10:35 PM)Taffy Wrote: [ -> ]Nice job!

Would those happen to be paintball blobs on the tarp? Tongue

Hello Taffy

Good comment  Big Grin
Yes, I do have a paint ball pistol and several others. I believe in Pairs just like goats so they can keep each other company. Rolleyes
But the inside of the redneck goat shed used to be a bill board sign and what you see on the inside is the advertisement painting.
The outside is dark color so this time of year here they have a heated room.
The boy's have to have something interesting to read when in their house. They may be southern goats but they are edacated goats.
At least till I get the digital tv installed and find a good goat channel for them to watch.  Tongue
CCTV is going in soon That is the truth BTY, Well maybe not just for the goat boy's Redneck Reality show, but for farm security too..
Happy Trails
hihobaron
To ALL
 Beware the Christmas Goat Snachers are out.
They like to dress as Elf's and CLAIM that due to Santa's Hi load of delivery all FLYING Goats are being called in or being reclaimed by Elf's to the North Pole Loading station's.
They have a list of Pack Goats that jump well (Fly) and are Experts at Escape. Big Grin
Also Goats have a built in Stealthy Systems that make them undetectable when they are up to something nefarious.
At BC1 here our Security system caught a couple of Elf's trying to Goat-Jack our boys.
Elf's will be Extradited to North Pole after Christmas. Wink
Please report any Goat's that start showing Flight and Evasion Talents. 
Happy Holidays
Keep your Goats Happy 
hihobaron
Oh, NO! Flying Goat snatchers?! I'll lock my goats up immediately!
I think my goats may be in danger--most of them have airplane ears! 
[attachment=2138]
[attachment=2139]
[attachment=2137]