Pack Goat Central

Full Version: What did you do today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Also, I see a lot of people on the website right now. Why are we not in the chat room?? Big Grin
Good question Smile
I got the results back from the lab work last Friday and my horses came up positive for vesicular stomatitis virus. Sad
Basically this means that they and all the other animals on my property are under quarantine for three weeks after the last sick animal is well. Hopefully no goats will get it or this will seriously impact our breeding season! If it only affects the horses then we're looking at November 7th as the day we get out of quarantine. Until then, no goats can leave our property even for a walk down the road (although vet trips are ok). It's a good thing I like to breed my goats late in the season! Keeping our fingers crossed for no sick goats!

This turn of events has put a damper on my goat Halloween party idea (although we could borrow a friend's goats), but my contact who was working on a venue for us has been so busy that I'm not sure she's going to come through. My guy for the October drawing also never got back to me, so I thought, "What the heck? Let's try an online goat costume party!!" I fully expect no one to bother, but it never hurts to try! I know Phil and I will bother because dressing up in costumes is so much fun, and the goats seem to love it too! Hopefully some other fun-loving folks will join our party and we can all have a good laugh. Big Grin
What a bummer! Love the costume party idea though! I'm working on my costume for work and my grand daughter's costume so I might as well come up with something for the goats too.
Today I bought a billy. Boy he is one of the strongest smelling and biggest ones i have ever had. Tongue
Awesome Sydney, post some pics. Figuring out who and what to breed is half the fun.
My family went "extreme zip lining" in Canon City on Sunday. It was super fun, but the goofiest random thing that happened was in a restaurant afterwards when a guy came up to our table, looked at Phil and I and said, "Are you the goat people?"

This fellow found my blog at Goatorama.com last spring and was surprised to learn that we live in the same community. We tried to get together a couple of times for a "goat encounter" but it never worked out. Then by total random chance my family and his family happened to be sitting at tables right next to each other at the same time in Canon City, which is an hour and a half away from where we both live! So funny that we would run across each other in a city I almost never visit rather than in the bank or grocery store in our own small community, and that he would recognize me and Phil from our internet photos. I guess we were also talking about goats to my family in the restaurant, so perhaps he overheard our conversation. It sure is a small world sometimes.
Ok, i will try to get some pics. Smile I dont know what he is. He is a huge goat with a beard that goes from his eyes down,and a kind of mane all along his whole back.
He is Mr. Stinky. What breed do you think he is? https://cloud.openmailbox.org/public.php...7a20bb32f0
He's freak'n skinny.... Feed the goat.... Alpine/Saanen?
Matt