Pack Goat Central

Full Version: What did you do today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ha ha, I am like Petunia ... happy to play with other people's (human) babies but always happier to give them back Smile
Morgan is doing great here. He spends a lot of time with his brother! Morgan is very agile, he moves well on the log obstacles! 
[attachment=3597]
[attachment=3598]
That's awesome to hear! He went to a fantastic home where he'll get lots of loving and hiking. What more good a goat want?!
Yesterday I completed a fencing project so I could open another pasture up for my goats.  Do you think they'll starve in this new pasture?  NOT! Tongue

[attachment=3599]
They're starving Taffy. You should feel bad for abusing those poor goats! They don't have nearly enough to eat!

I'm glad Morgan is doing well in his new home. So cool he gets to be with his brother again!
That's so cruel! What's the round metal thing in the background Taffy?
It's the giant gerbil wheel she makes her goats run on when they're not starving to death. Wink
Yeah gerbil power rocks - better than solar
Oooo!  I like the idea of a gerbil wheel for power!  I'll bet hungry goats would run fast toward a bucket of grain that was out in front of them!  I've gotta try that!

The big round metal thing is a wheel on a irrigation wheel line.  I use a wheel line in the goat pens to water them.  A huge hose is hooked into water source and onto the end of of the wheel line pipe.  The pipe has a cap on the other end.  When the pipe fills with water the sprinklers on the pipe then spray water on the field.  Here's a picture I found online of one.

[attachment=3633]

Our farm uses center pivots for irrigating our fields.  They are more effective in delivering water where we want it over a large area.  This is what they look like.

[attachment=3634]

They are more effective in delivering water where we want it over a large area.

Right now we are doing 1st cutting hay.  The weather has been so crazy we're almost a month behind in putting it up!
You're weather is crazy? What about mine?!? Here it's practically June and we've got SNOW falling this morning! We didn't have winter all winter (just hurricane force winds), and now that it's almost summer winter finally decides to make an appearance. Sheesh!