Pack Goat Central

Full Version: What did you do today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am so sorry about your friend Cactus Dan, Charlie Horse. He looked and sounded like a real character! May his memory be a blessing to you & his loved ones.
Sorry to hear of your loss Charlie Horse. Cactus Dan sounds like he will be irreplaceable, given your unusual shared interests. Great photo too!
I'm so sorry to hear about Cactus Dan. I'm sorry you missed seeing him before he died. That's tough.
My heart goes out to you Charlie Horse. Don't beat yourself up for not looking in the hospital parking lot. He'll always be with you in your heart and your memories. Hugs.
Sorry for your loss Charlie Horse. I have always seemed to make friends with elderly people, and it is always hard to loose them.
Today was one of those rainy overcast cool days that neither goat nor person wants to go out in. So – I decided it was a good day to get in the truck, go for a drive and check out possible places to hike with the goats!

I drove about 250 miles round trip and found a couple of places I’d like to hike. I also saw some beautiful country. Around halfway through the drive the rain quit and the sun even came out for a few minutes.

At one point, I realized I was only about 30 minutes from Linda Berens’ farm. I texted her and she said yes, she was up for a visit. It's always fun visiting another goat lover and seeing their goats?! Linda has the nicest Oberhasli I’ve seen. All of her bucks are large, solidly built boys. The bucklings she has left for sale have great potential as packers or herd sires if you’re looking!

It was a fun day! Maybe tomorrow will be nicer weather for a hike.
Sounds like a great day!
Made more progress on the dog kennel and tack room. Got the roof on, gravel dug out and cedar shavings put in. PProgress, progress and more progress. 

Curious, Nanno said she wants lots of pictures. Would there be interested in Jess and I starting a progress thread for the farm? Since we are pretty much starting from scratch, it would be pretty active. As we grow the herd and build the property
Both of us a basically starting from scratch so I'd be interested. I've wanted to start one but couldn't figure out a good area to put the thread under.
(10-30-2016, 02:47 PM)natemc Wrote: [ -> ]Made more progress on the dog kennel and tack room. Got the roof on, gravel dug out and cedar shavings put in. PProgress, progress and more progress. 

Curious, Nanno said she wants lots of pictures. Would there be interested in Jess and I starting a progress thread for the farm? Since we are pretty much starting from scratch, it would be pretty active. As we grow the herd and build the property

I'd love it! How about put those threads in the "Goats at Home" section under "Housing, Fencing, and Shelter". Here's a link: http://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/fo...php?fid=16