Pack Goat Central

Full Version: What did you do today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nanno,
Thanks for the heads up!

Ya Steve has a buddy.  His name is Hairy.  He is a 12 y/o ober that is 200 plus pounds.  He is old and grumpy, he will hang out as long as you have food but once yhe food is gone so is he.
Oh good! I'm glad Steve has a goat buddy. They need someone they can butt heads with or their pent-up goatliness may start coming out in aggression. That head-butting energy has to go somewhere.
I had a little "help" today raking leaves in the back yard.  The does were good about helping by eating the leaves.  The wethers, however, were much more interested in the bird feeder sunflower seeds!  Men!   Tongue

[attachment=4376]
That's so cute! Goats are so very helpful, aren't they. From the back, Jethro looks almost like Finn!
Well a friend and I had a bit of a field trip.  We started in Tacoma, Wa in the morning and drove 2 hrs. North to Bellingham to pick up.two sets of North west saddle, pads and pannies off of CL.  Then we turned around and headed to Bend, OR to Deschutes Dan Farm to pick up two very nice Alpines.  Ended up being about 10 hrs of driving.  Once we got the goats we headed to Fall River Fall, just south of Bend, to spend the night.  We packed the pannier and saddled the goats at about 1030 pm.  It was the first time I have ever put a saddle on a goat and packed a pannier.  It was also the first time the two goats had been saddled and carried any kind of panniers.  It was a experiance for all of us.  We got to the Fall, set up a lowline grained the goats, made a fire and throw out our bivy sacks.  Everyone wa exhasted from the day and knocked out.  We all woke up to a nice clear morning with a cozy temp of 8 degrees.  We quickly made a fire and brought both goats over.  We all warmed up.  After that we all had breaksfast and packed up camp.  We saddled to goats again.  This time with a little more experiance.  It went a little bit better for all parties.  We took the gear back to the truck then fly fished for trout until about 2:30 pm wen we started back north.  We got into town tonight about 10 pm.  Crazy fun trip!!
Great adventure!
I jioned pack goat central today add took my whether hiking
(12-14-2017, 01:00 AM)goatzrule Wrote: [ -> ]I jioned pack goat central today add took my whether hiking

Cool man, welcome!  Where are you at?  What kind of goat is your weather?
I am in NM my whether Mufasa is a 6 month old Alpine/Nubian cross. how is also going to be a harness goat as he gets older
I haven't posted any pics for a while so here's some from yesterday's hike with Koby and Gilbert.  We put them in the trailer every weekend and drive to pretty areas for day trips. Koby is modelling his new hi-vis halter.  It's so bright it hurts my eyes but it's great in the forest on a dull day.  

[attachment=4421]

[attachment=4422]