Pack Goat Central

Full Version: What did you do today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All

It was a busy day here at BC1 for the goats and I.

Had to get the Garden Tractor running, to mow with, That always pisses the goats off.

Competition for the weeds you know. Smile

So they ran away up to the neighbor's goats, but stayed outside the fence in the shade waiting till the motorized "Beast" died.

Then I had to walk up and "convince" them it was safe to come home.

A bucket of feed, fed out a handful at a time works wonders, sorta like bribing politicians.

Once they know there is feed/money in the bucket like Hitlery/Cruz they will do anything to get more.  Or any Political Royalty for that matter. 
Goats are more honest though. !!!!!

====================================

Fuzzy was the White Knight he stayed at BC1 to "Guard the Castle" the whole time.

[attachment=2569]

Then when I and the "Defecting Troops" got back in camp he took his well earned Nap.

[attachment=2570]

The "Defecting" Goat Boys were put on "Down" time for the rest of the day.
[attachment=2571]

Happy Trails

Make your goats behave

hihobaron Fuzzy,Pete and Sam
Hello all
RE: Goat growth
When the Stow Away goats showed up here September 2015.
Pete was 5 years old basically full grown, well mannered,friendly. Alpine X Nubian.
Sam was less than a year old and still a Buck. Same Breeding. He lost his family Jewels at Prepper camp before they stowed away with the horses, Sorta like getting on the wrong plane and ending up were you did not think you were going. Smile
Sam was about 1/2 the size of Pete.
Some times when you are around animals "ALL" the time you do not see the growth they are going through till all at once you realize, dang he has grown a lot.  !!!!
I got this picture just a few days ago, and after processing it had that " O dang " moment, Sam is a full size goat now.
Fuzzy is going to do the same over the next couple years. I am waiting to have a 3 goat Pack String or 4 Smile
Enjoy the head to head comparison picture of Pete and Sam.
[attachment=2575]
Any comments on Pete and Sam's Conformation for Pack Goats is welcome.
Sam will not see a real pack for a couple years, Day pack yes. he can carry the "Beverages" ")
Fuzzy with be the tag along to learn from his Uncles
Learning by Example.(I Hope)
Happy Trails
hihobaron ,Fuzzy,Pete, and Sam
Hate to break it to ya, but Sam is nowhere near a full sized goat yet! At less than two years old he's got quite a bit of growing ahead of him! He'll be done growing when he's 3-4 years old.
(05-09-2016, 06:44 AM)Nanno Wrote: [ -> ]Hate to break it to ya, but Sam is nowhere near a full sized goat yet! At less than two years old he's got quite a bit of growing ahead of him! He'll be done growing when he's 3-4 years old.

So, when you say they grow until 3-4 yr old, is that in all aspects of growth? 
I was wondering how long they would continue to get taller. My new goat 
is 6 and is 42" tall and my 15month olds are between 30 and 32". Not sure I 
can fit 4, 200lb =- goats in the back of my short box truck. My new boy is a 
big sucker. I'm excited to get is check up results back and get him packing.
My youngins will just be donning their new saddles this summer.
They will definitely get taller until they're around three. After that they may not get taller (although they still could so don't discount it entirely), but from 3-4 years old they usually do more filling out than growing up. My 2-year-olds are currently having a pretty substantial growth spurt that will likely continue through the summer. I won't recognize my boys come fall!
Hello Nanno
RE:
Your comment:
"Hate to break it to ya, but Sam is nowhere near a full sized goat yet! At less than two years old he's got quite a bit of growing ahead of him! He'll be done growing when he's 3-4 years old."
==================

Due to the quality of the information here on PGC I am aware that Sam is not done growing.
He will NOT get used till he is a Mature Goat, aside from some Walkabout's to Show Pack Goats to "City Folk"
I was just showing (or trying to) that he is catching up size wise with Pete. 5 years old
=====================
I will not use a horse before they are ready, and I will hold the same standard for my goats. Smile
=====================
With all of the above being said, for me here in South Carolina, MY goal is to promote Pack Goats here in my area.
I don't need mature full age goats for that, just well mannered, friendly ones, and at some point in time have "Light" packs on them. For Show so to speak. But with usable information about goats from what I have learned here.

PS: to Nanno Do I have to worry about SAM becoming a Giant Goat. Smile
Happy Trail;s
hihobaron Fuzzy, Pete and Sam.
Hello All
The Goat Boy's " All Most" went to Freezer camp yesterday, Susan (girl friend) has been nursing a bucket garden and a cooking herb garden.
Well, the boy's got into "Her" bucket garden and "Trimmed"  some of the plants. Sad  Not bad but you could tell they had been munched on and the perps were caught in the act, she screamed at them, they just looked at her like,
"If we had a middle finger, they would have "Flipped" her the Bird.
Needless to say she was pissed, reached into the gun rack by the door and grabbed my 7.62 NATO Scout rife (Loaded)
Only thing that saved the boy's is I have not trained her how to use that gun (Bolt Action) with 3 position safety.
By that time I had grabbed one of my air soft pistols and got to her , Told her give me the rifle, here use the pistol you know how to shoot.(Non-Lethal) She put several BB's into the goat boy's (Just Stinging them) they got out of the bucket garden "FAST"
We do have the bucket garden enclosed with bird netting but the boy's must have found or made a hole to get in.
It has been "Reinforced now." Yes, some "Repair" was needed from their FAST exit.
Happy Trails
The Goats are still Surviving her "Displeasure"
hihobaron Fuzzy, Pete and Sam
Hello ALL
Open ended Question for Goat breeders.
(Dave) or anyone else with wethering experience.
Sam my now near 2 year old was wethered last year in September. Surgical Style.
He had no problems healing up.
But he still has a sack hanging.
I am getting ready to band the new boy's family jewels soon.
QUESTION: Can I band off Sam's Sack and get it to go away.???
Pete my 5 year old that was done with banding method has NO Sack hanging.
Ideas,Opinions, comments appreciated.
hihobaron and the Troops in South Carolina
Thanks
No no! Get some of these :

http://www.neuticles.com/ultra.php
Charily Horse
You have a Warped Mind.
RE: http://www.neuticles.com/ultra.php
As long as YOU bought the subject up, I saw a article about the first "Successful Dick Transplant of TV yesterday."
Claim was that it would "Benefit" men with that kind of injury, I bet you there will be more Trans-Genders in line than real injury men.
hihobaron