Pack Goat Central

Full Version: What did you do today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To all:

I had company from Colorado today.

They drove here (No goats) Sad  But that was expected.

Nancy (Nanno) is the website Administer for packgoatcentral.com.

Her Hubby(Phil) develops computer games and smart phone apps.

The Goat Boy's were out and about "working" on eating brush around BC1.

Nanno & Phil no more than stepped out of their car when all of the troops came charging into camp. Fuzzy,Pete,Sam and (no-name) Thinking about "Blizzard" he is all white

Pete and Sam my "older" goats sniffed them both over got a pet and scratch then "Cleared" them both to come into camp. Much faster than the TSA lines we are seeing on TV. We went onto the deck were the "Kids" came up and "Approved of them too. "

There were several Looks back at me from the goats like "They are Goat People it's OK"

Then we all settled in and had a GOOD Face to Face chat. All of the Goat Boy's settled in around us "mere" humans  so they could make sure we were not planning a Goat Roast or something of that nature. Smile

SS showed up and we Went on a local visit to my friends tack and Carriage Shop.

Nanno bought some good tack that she can not get out west.

Had a good look at Addy's Frisian Sire and some of his other get.

Drooled all over the selection of carts and carriages all in one spot.

Sized up a couple small carts for goat use. Nanno liked the sizes.

Then we had a quick late lunch in Landrum,SC and parted company.

A good time was had by all.

Happy Trails

hihobaron and the Troops in South Carolina
Yes, it was a very fun afternoon! We had a good time talking goats and horses and getting to meet the "Truck chasing goats". Sam was my buddy. He's a real sponge (reminds me a little of Pac-Man). The young Saanens really seemed to like Phil. Loved meeting Addy and the other horses. Addy is just gorgeous and it's easy to see why she's your pride and joy.

I was blown away by the size of the carriage shop. They had pretty much everything you could think of for driving and more. I picked up a set of beta driving lines and a very small doubletree. So now I don't have to make one myself. Phil and I both loved seeing the beautiful Friesians. They have so much presence.

The Hare & Hound pub was really good! Great food, nice atmosphere. We really enjoyed it.

One slight correction: My name isn't Nancy. It's just "Nan". Short for Shannon actually, but no one calls me that anymore. Wink

Great time today! Thanks so much for your hospitality!
Hello Nanno (Nan)
Sorry for that Name change "OPS" Smile
Susan(SS) and I had a good time showing you around the area also.
Glad you and Phil liked the critters here. Thanks
You got both your Goat fix and your horse fix. Smile
I know what it is like to be away from "Your Critters"
Ya'll just need to get your fingers into some animal hair and get the aroma in your nose. Smile
The Boy's told me last night that they liked your visit too.
=============
RE: Carriage and Harness shop.
I kind of figured you would like the selection/variety and the Old guy you met is Jack Moore the owner.
If there is anything you need, Call him IF he dose not have it He can get it. Or if you want something "Checked out"
Let me know and I can go down and look at it ,and send you back a report. Smile
Something "Goat sized" I can use Pete as a fitting dummy.  Smile
Don't Tell Pete I said that. !!! He will give me another case of Poison Ivy/Oak.
it would be no problem for me to take Pete and Sam down there to fit harness or whatever.
More likely Jack would say here take it, if it doesn't fit, Just bring it back clean. Smile
================================
Jack will ship anything to anywhere, You will just have to work that kind of deal with him.

Glad to have the chance to meet up with you and Phil , Stop in any time 
hihobaron and the Critters in South Carolina  Big Grin
To All

BC1 Report:

I "Almost" had a Nanny Goat today. Saanen Doe.

Older, nice and big but "DRY" No kid.

We were out on "Walkabout" training the new boy's how to be pack goats.

I turned around to check the trail string and had 5 goats instead of the 4 I started with.

WHAT THE HELL !!! Was my first though.

OK, I had a good idea were she came from, so I had no problem with her trailing along with the troops.

She is friendly and I did care for their whole herd for close to a month, so she knew me.

Well I was a good neighbor caught her, not hard thing to do. Tied her up at BC1

Hand full of feed and she was on a lead. The boy's were pissed off that the "NEW" girl got a treat and they had to wait for their treat for the walk about.

Made a phone call. Owners were 1/2 way to Maryland could not figure out how she would have got out, She has NOT been a problem Goat "Escape Artist" before.

They asked me to check the rest of the herd make sure they were still in. OK .

Took another "Walkabout " with no goats this time and a couple leads "In case"

No fence down, no other goats out, the head count was good.

Put her back in with the herd. So I lost a nice Nanny goat Sad

Oh well

Happy Trails

At least they can't add Goat Thief to my rap sheet. Smile

hihobaron and the Troops in south Carolina
You are a good neighbour Hihobaron. She obviously trusted you and you know what they say about the grass being greener ...
DownUnder Gal
Yes, I know about Greener Grass Smile
I always try to be a good neighbor and expect the same in return.
============================================
There have been a few times though( Not Here) were I would have been ready to start a range war with "City Folk"
BTY: "City Folk" is a Cuss Word in my vocabulary.
I have learned to deal with them, otherwise I would have to shoot them.
=============================================
I liked that Nanny and their other big nanny both friendly(I think they both have been shown) from the way she led and stopped squared up when I stopped. She did not settle when bred last fall and is open. I was hoping for a kid out of her but it did not happen. Oh Well.
===================================
I was Kidding out their herd this spring while they were visiting family for a month.
We had one before they left and all were done kidding by the time they got back 3 weeks later. All bucklings.
[attachment=2601]

Fresh Baked right out of the oven.

Happy Trails
hihobaron and the Troops in South Carolina
Hello All
You know you are goatafied when you have to look to see were the goats are "Before" you try to get to the feed barrels to mix rations,especially now with 4 "Blues" around around and stalking the sound of a feed barrel lid "popping" off.
2 I could handle and block,(Pete and Sam) with Blizzard and Fuzzy teaming up it is not fun to keep them out of the feed barrels long enough to get a 3 pound Coffey can of feed out. Besides Blizzard and Fuzzy have almost 4 inches of horns as well as their pointy little "Insistent" noses. Brat Goats!!!!!
=====================================

Oh well, living with Goats is always "Interesting"

Happy Trails
hihobaron Blizzard,Fuzzy,Pete and Sam
Hello All
Enjoy this
[attachment=2620]
hihobaron Blizzard,Fuzzy,Pete and Sam
Hello All

My Day here did not start out good, and it is my Birthday.

As I normally do I got up at dawn, did some email, till full daylight, let the goats out to feed. ETC.

Came back in and worked on the computer for a while.

SS got up "Had to go clean a house" we walked out side and both Blizzard and Fuzzy were into her green house munching down on the plants. Needless to say there was lots of screaming on her part and 20 rounds fired into them. (Air-Soft)

They ate most everything that she was just starting to grow good in "HER" bucket garden.

She left here very pissed off.

Plants can grow back, but I had to spend the rest of the day riding shotgun on them.

Every time they got any were near the green house they got used for target practice.

So I had a "Range Day here" Moving targets are always more fun than Paper targets. Smile
The old boy's just stayed out of sight behind BC1 under cover so to say.

Have a Nice Day

hihobaron and the Critters in SC
New kid is doing fine. Not as friendly as a bottle baby, and learning to lead, but not bad either, lets me walk right up to him, collar him, lead him to treats. Poor guy got banded yesterday  Sad Ouch.  Still haven't named him. Other than that got a perimeter fence up so now I can turn my goats loose outside the fence when I'm home during the day - that way they can snack. They love it too!  Been battling the weeds here. Can't turn the goats loose on them because they'll eat my trees first! Also have a water leak, need to maintain my dirt road, working on projects out here, etc... I need help out here!! Anyhow, here are some photos just for fun.