Pack Goat Central

Full Version: What did you do today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nenno
Hello Nano
RE: Goat Powered Washing machine.
Your ideas about making Goat Milk Ice Cream makes me hungry.
It could be done with the tread mill as power also for making butter.
Side benefit goats in very good condition for packing.
For myself I can see a way to produce electric power to run a laptop,cell phone etc.
Happy Trails
Hello all
I checked the progress of the boys losing the family jewels today.
What is left is dead skin(Sack)and the contents felt like dry raisins.
All they have to do now is drop off.
I have been checking their banding every day to make sure they were staying put. All Systems Go.
=======================
As your Goats Dave:
Save the Best, Eat the Rest.
hihobaron, Blizzard,Fuzzy,Pete ,Sam and the Troops in SC
The Redneck Goat Project goes on:
You know your a Redneck Goat Herder when you  put a box fan outside sit down to have a cold drink and listen to a good book, In the breeze, and the goats come in and nudge the fan around to blow on them then lay down and pant while they enjoy the book that is playing on the MP-3 system. In the breeze of the fan. 90+ here today.
Happy Trails
Have a Safe and Fun 4th
hihobaron ,Blizzard,Fuzzy,Pete,Sam and the Troops in SC
Did blood draws and tattooing today/tonight to get the doelings/yearlings ready for their trip to Wisconsin. They are going to be part of the foundation for the largest goat dairy in the United States and in the top 5 in the world! Pretty exciting to be a part of it Smile They will be milking 9000 does at peak! Even better, they are starting off on the right foot having animals tested.
Congratulations Dave
Were in Wisconsin??? is the farm?
How many are you shipping?
I am from Wisconsin and never knew there was that big of Goat milk farm around??
Have milked a few cows in my day.
Maybe I need to move back to Wisconsin?  NAAAA It Snows to much there. Smile Like it here in SC.
Happy Trails
hihobaron Blizzard,Fuzzy,Pete,Sam and the Troops in SC
Its a new dairy thats not even up and going yet. The town... I forgot already Smile But the population of people is like 1500. There is going to be a second smaller dairy there as well. So the goat to people population is going to be like 10 to 1 Smile
Hello Dave
OK no name on town.
What Part of WI?
I am suspecting Southern or Central WI
Prime milk Cow areas.
There have been a couple "Comericail" pig farm start ups that have taken lots of flack in the center part of the state.
STINK
Several small scale cheese factories (Specialty Cheese) I know of. Smile center/south western side of state.
How soon are you shipping and how many? Commercial Transport?
Lot of Pack Goat wethers to be had too, Or a Drive your Goat to work situation Smile
Good Luck
Have a Happy and Safe 4th
hihobaron and the Troops here is SC
DID YOU ALL HAVE FUN AT THE RENDY??!! So bummed I couldn't go.
Ok looks like they are going to Hilbert. Sending 16 and ya, a commercial transport will be picking them up Friday. Taking the blood samples into a locale lab in Sunnyside WA. in a few minutes. The only thing left after that is to give all the kids/yearlings a shot of multimin90. Will be able to start to relax a little after they go. Though still have about 14 goaties to find homes for before we are wiped out for the year Smile Praying to do so before hunting season!
Hello Dave
Here is a good one for you I have actually been in  Hilbert WI.
Is about 35 miles south of the bottom tip Of Green Bay. In shore about 50 miles from Lake Michigan.
Close enough to Greenbay (The City) to market product into then, there is Ocomowalk (sp) to the east that is good size.
There are or were some good milking farms and creamers/cheeses plant in that area.
The southern end of the state were I grew up has fairly well been taken over by "City Folk" and Flat Landers.
I am sure you know the type, one fly, and is all your fault for having animals bigger than a tea cup Poodle.
Have they sent you pictures of the property they are developing?

Happy Trails
You know once their hooves hit the ground there they.
Officially Become Cheese Heads and Greenbay Packer Fans. Smile
Have a safe and Fun 4TH of Jully
hihobaron Blizzard,Fuzzy,Pete,Sam and the Troops in SC