Goat-O-Rama Kids of 2015
The babies love to "hide" under the table when we bring them into the house. I guess all kids love furniture forts, regardless of species. Big Grin

First the eyes began to droop and the head to nod...

... and then he conked out completely. Office work is so boring!

We plan to sell these little guys for packgoats when they're weaned, so I thought I'd set them up in front of a non-distracting background and get some good "ad" photos. I stood Hammer up in front of this nice, white wall and asked him to strike a pose. Boy did he deliver!

We fell apart laughing and never even managed to try to get Sledge to set up nicely for us. Oh well. Maybe another day. Cool
In other news, Jezebel's ligaments finally softened this morning. They're not gone yet, but this is a step in the right direction. She's been acting strangely today, and is currently hanging around by herself in the pen while all the other goats are out to graze. Maybe she'll finally get on with it. She was due on May 12th for Pete's sake!
Well, Jezebel did indeed get on with it, and now we have a new little... piglet?!?

She looked less like a piglet once we dried her off, and boy were we surprised by the color!

Shortly after noon, Jezebel began "marching around Jericho" as Phil likes to put it--circling the pen and baa-aa-ing. She did that for a few hours and finally got down to business around 5:00. She looked like she was having a bit of trouble pushing this kid out, so I grabbed the feet and helped pull. Phil held Jezebel still after she jumped up and tried to run around the shed in circles with the baby's legs hanging out, and between the three of us we delivered a healthy 9 1/2 lb. doeling!

She's very strong. We haven't had one this lively since Petunia was born. She was up and nursing almost immediately. She's got a healthy set of lungs too! This one won't quit talking! Now I only hope Jezebel has enough milk to keep up with her. She's got a really good appetite, but Jezebel has only a small udder and it's already been sucked dry. I'm going to have to keep a close watch to make sure this little one is getting enough to eat.
LOL that is one sticking little girl! Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Pure white with pink skin eh? So thats just gigantic piebald spots probably. She really did look like a piglet. Much more cute when dry. Congrats. Whats the total goat-count now?
Congratulations! Is Finn her sire? I'll bet Jezebel's udder grows when her milk comes in and the doeling demands more food. Does she have a name yet?

Now THAT'S a stretch! What a hoot!

I love all your photos and stories!

(05-17-2015, 11:36 AM)Nanno Wrote: The babies love to "hide" under the table when we bring them into the house. I guess all kids love furniture forts, regardless of species. Big Grin

First the eyes began to droop and the head to nod...

... and then he conked out completely. Office work is so boring!

We plan to sell these little guys for packgoats when they're weaned, so I thought I'd set them up in front of a non-distracting background and get some good "ad" photos. I stood Hammer up in front of this nice, white wall and asked him to strike a pose. Boy did he deliver!

We fell apart laughing and never even managed to try to get Sledge to set up nicely for us. Oh well. Maybe another day. Cool
Goatberries Happen!
We're thinking of naming her "Tigerlily" in honor of her grandmother. Lilly's registered name was "Stargazer Lilly". So yes, this little one is Finn's baby. Lilly was half Saanen, so I wonder if all this white is a throwback to those bloodlines.

Let's see... if she get's Jezebel's nice udder attachments and Lilly's capacity, we could have a star milker here! On the other hand, if she ends up with Lilly's attachment and Jezebel's capacity then we're in trouble! Tongue
I love the name Tigerlily. I'll bet you're right that the white came from Lilly.

Let's hope Tigerlily gets the best of Jezebel and Lilly's udders!
Goatberries Happen!
The little pig-goat and the cowch.

You gotta love it when the goat compliments the decor. I feel like such a fashionista with my matching accessories!

Tigerlily has one straight Alpine ear and one that flops a little. It will probably straighten, but I hope it doesn't. Heart
OH! And she has ExclamationExclamation WATTLESExclamationExclamation

She also has black spots around the edges of her ears. I wonder if she'll eventually grow black hair there? That would be so cool! Her eyes are blue right now, but I'm sure they'll be brown in a week or two. This one eye looks like it has eyeliner on it!

I. Love. That. Couch.