Bragging on my kid! Though she's not a goat.

This is my daughter Hannah, owner of the registered dairy goat herd, "Rachel's Dowry". This is a short story of the last weeks escapades as the shepherdess.

.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 53.78 KB / Downloads: 82)
This her first dam to kid this year, she is a mix breed but the sire is purebred alpine.

.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 65.62 KB / Downloads: 77)
On Wednesday night Hannah began staying in the horse trailer/kidding pen. It got down to 20 degrees that night. The next day about 4:00 pm the dam, zucchini, showed signs of kidding. I was three hours away, the first kid presented perfectly front hooves and head, no problems she had her first ever doe on the ground. The second kid presented a tail, slightly rattled (Hannah had never done this before) she pushed the kid back in and fished out the back legs and pulled out a buck, second kid on the ground. The third kid (Hannah had believed there were only two) came out head only so she reached in and fished out a front leg and pulled out a doe, third kid on the ground. My wife and the other children were sitting around watching and helping any way they could, with three kids out they began cleaning up. As zucchini was passing some more afterbirth my wife noticed the one "sack " looked a little odd so Hannah broke it open, it was a fourth kid, a doe, presenting perfectly and born without help, four kids on the ground all happy healthy and eating by the time I got home. I'm pretty proud.

.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 78.05 KB / Downloads: 74)
With four kids and a doe all doing fine Hannah has stayed out there with them every night, the lowest temp I've seen is 13 degrees. All this has been her idea!

.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 133.29 KB / Downloads: 74)

.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 82.34 KB / Downloads: 70)
Cute muchies Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)

.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 133.92 KB / Downloads: 53)
Yep they are cuties. Only the doeling with ears can be registered as grade. They all will be for sale though as her herd is maxed out and them some. Need more land lol.
They're beautiful. I have a particular fondness for cou-blanc. Seeing those guys makes me want to get another baby goat this year. . . . Though I'll have to improve the chickenwire at the bottom of the fences in spots. Babies are escape artists.
Aw, they are so cute!! Good job Hannah!!! What a wonderful "goat mama" she is. And quads! What a great post!

How come you can only register the doeling with ears? As far as I know, all large breed dairy cross does can be registered "recorded grade" whether they have ears or not. I have a friend with Alpine/Lamacha crosses and none of hers are ever born with ears (well, they have little elf ears I guess), but she registers them so she can show in recorded grade. So as far as I know, the buck is the only one that can't be registered.
Will have to check. Hannah seems to think that she can't unless they meet basic breed standards such as Alpines having ears. Probably shouldn't print her statements as gospel.

You never know Charlie, one or two might show up at the rendy and go home with someone elseSmile.
I (Hannah) was told that since the sire is the only one registered, and he's an Alpine, the kids must meet the Alpine breed standard to be registered. And that means they need to have erect ears, as far as I understood.
Congratulations Hannah! Job well done! Big Grin
Goatberries Happen!
Oh, I see. My friend with the Alpine/Lamancha crosses has all registered goats of both breeds. I thought your doe was registered Lamancha.

You're probably right, but you might still give ADGA a call and talk to someone and make sure about it. Never hurts to ask! Smile

Once again, awesome job delivering those babies! What a rush! I'm sure you're very proud.
Hannah just joined the forum last night , guess she wanted to see what I was saying about her.