Weigh Day for the future Ben Lomond packers.
Thx so much all it is really the first time I have raised kids since I was a kid. Wink

Nanno, I really don't know how much stock to the 50lb/90 day/ 200lb trend there is but know it can't be a bad thing to be at that size by that time. I think there is obviously a wide variation & it is only a guide/trend. Besides I am going to measure them for heights from now on as well. Anyone have anything on heights on certain ages etc?

Besides good healthy, temperament, demeanor & conformation...my desired minimum criteria was to eventually be:
  • Over 200 #
  • 36" or taller
  • hornless
  • large boned
  • be able to carry 40# or more on a daily basis

I think I have good stock now & will end up with great stock in these 5 little guys. I am still interested in hornless Kiko crosses down the road. I.E. Kiko-Saanen, Kiko-Alpine, Kiko-Ober or a variation of these on the second gen.

Taffy, thx...and good luck with that. Big Grin On the scale...I just used our digital with me holding them.

On the Rendy, right now, with the new job & no PTO I am still just hoping to attend some of it. We'll see...its going to be tough.

Take care!

TOU

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weigh Day for the future Ben Lomond packers. - by TOU - 05-16-2014, 11:44 AM