What did you do today?
Hello All
I had a "Range Day" here.
Had some friends over for some shooting on my range.
Goat Boy's were range supervisors. (Off of down range area of course) Behind the firing line and never jumped from the gun fire.
Everything from Air-soft pistols , 22 auto, 45 revolvers,(both 45 ACP and Long Colt)
Glock 17, 9 MM, BTY: the friends like the revolvers better than the Glock.
Then we went on to center fire rifles.
7.62 X 39 SKS , 45LC lever action, then to my 7.62 NATO Scout Sniper Rifle.
Goat boys just watched and kept working on eating brush. Smile
Good Hunting dogs I have known would have headed south long before we got to the rifles. Smile
I think I have goats that like to hang around the smell of gunpowder and know they have good cover fire if SHTF. Smile
Yes, I was even surprised by the Goat Boy's tolerance to gun fire myself. 
Anyone else with comments on how goats react to gun noise???
Or do I just have gun crazy goats???  Smile 
Enjoy 
hihobaron Pete and Sam

[img=719x0]http://res.cloudinary.com/mainstreampreppers/image/upload/v1459648170/bchpiptck8zuhjmuupro.jpg[/img]
Nice! Cool that your goats are so comfortable around people shooting. I'm not sure what mine would do. Cuzco wouldn't care, but I'm not so sure about the younger ones.

I rearranged goat pens today. I've got to get the pregnant girls situated in their own pen close to the house where it's easier for me to do "baby watch" and where they can have a little more peace and quiet and not have to fight Cuzco and the boys for the alfalfa. I'm not used to having to move pens this early in the season and it's been touch-and-go with the weather. I can't do it when it's too windy or cold outside. I should have gotten this done at least two weeks ago. This is why I prefer May/June kiddings! But I got half the job done today and I'll finish up tomorrow. Delilah is due in a week and we keep feeling babies kick!
When I went to fill the girls' water trough yesterday, this cute little thing flushed out of the hose! 

It's a skink, and technically I don't think they're supposed to live in this area at this elevation, but what do scientists know? We've been seeing them ever since we moved to this house, but this is the first time I've ever been able to catch one. I think it was a bit dazed from its unexpected water slide, but the second I put it down near the rocks where we usually see these things, it vanished out of sight in the blink of an eye.
Hello Nanno
Good Catch !!!!!
We have the same kind here as well as a few others.
Catch and Release is always the best way to go.!!!
Friend shot up 3 Cotton Mouth snakes yesterday with his Glock 17. when he was mowing the lawn.
Has a little creek going through his back yard. They like water and it has been warm enough to bring them out of hybrination here. I normally leave non-poisonous snakes alone but the other kind I will terminate.
I have a Big Black Snake around in the barn here I see occasionally, like 3 foot long. I like having him around No Mice
Susan jumps.screams and heads for her pistol when she sees any snake.  I laugh and just boost the old boy under our feed pallets and tell her "He Went That a way" Smile Pointing in a different direction of course.

.jpg   Snake South Carolina.jpg (Size: 62.85 KB / Downloads: 78)

If he dose not bother me I will let him be.
Happy Trails
hihobaron Pete and Sam
Yesterday was so beautiful that even after our hike we could not get enough of the outdoors. So we swung by the grocery store to pick up some hot dogs and marshmallows and we had our first campfire of the season. Cuzco was thrilled. He supervised as Phil shoveled last year's ash and debris from the fire pit, then he waited next to the rock ring while Phil and I gathered wood and got the food together. He never left that campfire all evening. He stood with his face in the smoke, inhaling the delicious cedar smell with half-closed eyes and rapt expression. He hurried over to the house to wait by the patio gate when he heard Phil tuning his fiddle in the basement. Then as Phil came out playing "Goat in the Rain", Cuzco stayed glued to Phil's side all the way back to the campfire. He was mesmerized by the music and his nose never left the bow. After the music, Cuzco stood by Phil's chair and rested his big, bony old head in Phil's lap where he stayed for probably 45 minutes as the fire slowly died. None of the other goats particularly like the campfire or the music. This is one activity that Cuzco has all to himself and it brings him back to the days when he was the only one.
Hello Nanno
Good on Ya'll and good for Cuzco.
May you and him have many more campfires.
Happy Trails
hihobaron Pete and Sam
Having experienced a campfire with Cuzco I can just imagine how special he was feeling. I choked up thinking about it. Cuzco is a very special and loved goat.
Goatberries Happen!
Hello ALL
Camp Fire Time with Pete and Sam
Pete and Sam must have got into my computer again.
They like keeping track of King Cuzco.
I received orders that if he could have a campfire and a fiddler they wanted one too OR ELSE.
Campfire I can supply,  Fiddler no way, So we worked out a deal Put a good Bluegrass Radio Station on and that kept Peace in Camp.
They want a wood fire next time but it is getting dry here we are about 3 inches behind average for this time of year rain fall. So I am being careful rather than have roasted goat.
Happy Trails
hihobaron Pete and Sam

.jpg   Camp fire goats 1.jpg (Size: 60.31 KB / Downloads: 53)
To all of you west Coast Goaters Smile
Tractor Supply Company is coming to your area.
I had a good talk with our area manager "Soliciting" for support for Pack Goat presentations here in September.
He dropped the info that TSC bought out a chain of livestock stores in your area's and over the course of the summer they will become TSC outlet stores. Just a Name change in many cases but also it will improve the local stores access to a wider product line and lower pricing.
How is that for "Breaking News"
BTY: TSC is based in Tennessee

Happy Trails
hihobaron Pete and Sam
Got one here in North Idaho last year. I'll have to stop in and check it out.