Onion Creek Oberhhasli Tragedy!!!!
Sorry I didn't update sooner!  Belle's burns blistered and scabbed over.  The scabs are starting to fall off and new hair is growing in.  She is blind in one eye, but she gets around like she has sight in both.  She has adapted well.  When the scabs are gone, I will try to use some eyebright tincture in that eye.  Thank you to everyone for all your prayers and the burn creams!  I have been taking a few pictures along the way on her journey.
Promoting Oberhasli, For The Love of The Breed
Proverbs 27:27
Kids Available!
http://onioncreekoberhaslis.weebly.com
Thanks for the update. I'm sorry about poor Belle's eye, but I'm glad she's adapting. It's hard to medicate when they have those scabs all over their face, isn't it? We went through that with our boy who was burned. Did you ever get a final estimate from the insurance company? I saw on TGS that they only wanted to pay you $250 for your whole herd. That's shameful. I hope they eventually did better than that!
Oh I am so terribly sorry to hear this!!! How unbelievably tragic!!! I can't even imagine how much you guys must be hurting...
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada
Sorry for the delay in updating on the fire aftermath and Miss Belle.  
Belle went blind in her right eye but was able to get around just fine.  She is no longer the passive doe she used to be before the fire.  Belle has decided to move up in the ranks.  I kept her with the sheep for about 5 weeks to let her heal up without the added stress of meeting new goats (like I said before, I maintain separate doe herds in the winter).  She was quite happy being the herd queen of the sheep!  Back to her eye.  I was planning on putting some eyebright tea wash in the affected eye once her scabs had fallen off and her face wasn't so sore and tender.  In the meantime, I just prayed over her, for sight to be fully restored.  God is so good and within two weeks, her eye is clear and she has full sight!  It also looks like she may have kept her pregnancy!  We'll know more in the next three weeks for sure (one way or another).  She went through the whole "Bionic Goat" stage with the scabs and scarring.  She also lost her ears, at least half of them.  I came out one day and they were gone!  Never did find them.  They were burned pretty badly, so they likely just fell off.  Through it all, she has maintained a happy, and persevering attitude.  I've been documenting Belle's progress in the different stages.  I won't post pictures of her for about another month though.  It's still a little graphic for some.  Just so happy for the progress she's made!  I still call her pretty girl.  To me, she is still so beautiful!  Her attitude is so amazing and such a blessing!
  I am getting the materials collected right now for the big barn.  It's going to be in a different location from where the original barn was, but closer to the water source.  Plenty of fire escape options are being planned into this new barn.  More info on that coming as progress is made. We also put up two additional smaller barns/sheds in the former "baby pen" (now just the goat pen).  Everybody has shelter and space now.  Thank you to my brothers and the other family for working so hard to get these up!
  I had a few does that were in that baby pen due after the fire.  Dee kidded with triplets (one of which was a doeling), and Twister had twins (one of each). Dee's daughter is named Jasmine Hope.  Twister's little girl is Dóchas (hope in Gaelic).  Thank you to those who have offered doelings!  Some have already arrived.  It has done me so much good to see those little babies bouncing, jumping, and flinging all around.❤️
  Thank you again to everyone for your prayers and support!  It means so much to my family and I!
Promoting Oberhasli, For The Love of The Breed
Proverbs 27:27
Kids Available!
http://onioncreekoberhaslis.weebly.com
Go Belle! Thank you so much for the update. I'm thrilled that Belle got her sight back! That is a wonderful blessing in the midst of sorrow. I'm sorry about her poor ears. They will forever serve as a reminder of her resilience.

I'm glad for the new babies. There's nothing compared to joyous new life to wipe away the tears of a tragedy. Best of luck to you as you rebuild the barn and the herd and everything else. I'm sure life has often felt overwhelming this past couple months. I hope the rest of this year brings many, many joys and blessings.