Goat-O-Rama Kids of 2016
Wow Nanno!!! You did so good and my God did bless you with some absolutely beautiful babies!!! I WANT EM! lol
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Yeah! Congrats Nanno! What nice looking kids. Can't wait to follow all the new adventures from your farm Smile
Thanks you guys! Dave, I'm thinking the little Tigerlily lookalike is a pretty unusual color for a purebred Alpine. I've rarely seen Alpines this color at the shows. I know that pure white is discriminated against, but white with spots is an allowed breed color. You've been into Alpines a lot longer than me. What's your experience on how common this is?

If he's as unusual as I think he is, I may advertise him for sale as a buck (provided his conformation turns out good, and I think it will). I don't want to wether him if this is an unusual color pattern that people might want in their herds.

I always thought Tigerlily's color was a throwback to Lilly's side of the family. But now that Jezebel's full sister has thrown a white-with-black-spots kid when bred to a classic cou clair Alpine, I'm wondering if Tigerlily's color actually came from Jezebel and not from Finn's Saanen grandmother after all. The Alpine buck does not have much white in his lineage at all as far as I know. It would be cool if this pattern is coming from Jezebel and Delilah!
Ill have to ask Tracy what she thinks. It is unusual for there not to be a base color pattern. They would be broken something, I just dont know the something Smile We get close to that but there is always a base of gray.

I don't think this one has a gray base, although it's possible he could darken as he gets older. His skin is pink. Lilly was mistakenl registered as "white with black spots" but she was actually a broken cou blanc. This one does not look like a broken cou blanc to me, but I could be wrong.
Ok the one with more black would be called, broken, belted, sundgau with bald face. The mostly white one would be called mostly white broken cou blanc but possibly cou clair. If as it gets old the neck color changes.

Thanks Dave! 

We've had so much fun with all these babies! We spent the afternoon yesterday with all five snuggled up on the basement couch with us while we watched a silly movie. We've named them and the girl is Oakley, the white boy with spots is Crockett, and the big oreo boy is Boone. 

Today was the triplets' first day in the wide world. I took them out of the shelter to run free in the pen. I put Rambo and Rocky in the pen as well so they could play with their new friends. It was their first day allowed off the back patio unsupervised. Everyone learned about electric fences which always makes me feel bad, but they also learned about jumping on logs and rocks and hiding behind objects. Delilah hates the two Nubians and doesn't want them near her three perfect darlings. I'm sure she thinks her babies will be contaminated by the long-eared motherless freaks. She kept growling and stamping her feet at Rocky and Rambo, but she never got aggressive enough to worry me. Besides, they were too quick for her and it didn't take them long to start teasing. She'd chase them around one side of the shed and they'd run from the other side and approach her kids from behind her back. Delilah didn't know what to do when her kids got separated and she couldn't guard all of them at once. She kept waddling back and forth between them in a fruitless attempt to keep the Nubians away. It didn't help when her own kids started toddling away from her to follow bad company. I'm sure it won't be long before she's tired enough that she won't care who her kids play with as long as they stop bothering her!
When is your next does due? Pickles is due on April 28th and starting to get an udderSmile
Petunia is due May 5th. You definitely have to post photos of Pickles' kids!
We had a good two feet of heavy, wet snow over the weekend, so the Nubian boys, having only recently come from the much warmer climate in Pueblo West, needed a little extra protection. I found some fleece fabric, doubled it over, and with a few safety pins I managed to make them some little jammies. 

Oh, and here is a photo I took of them playing in our kitchen about a week ago. It's amazing how much they've grown in the short time since!