Welcome to PackGoatCentral!
(12-16-2013, 04:19 PM)Nanno Wrote: I'll let you know when I'm ready to start working on it and I can give you access to article-posting account. We can figure out how to divide the work so we don't accidentally post the same article twice.

I thought that we divide per year. Let me know when you're ready.
--------------------------------------
Sabine from Germany
[Image: zoVgi.gif]

Thanks so much for doing this! I was not a happy camper when I discovered the original forum was gone!

~~~~
Anna and Co.
~~~
Anna and Co.
Thunder Mountain Central Asian Shepherd Dogs
Working Livestock Guardian & Personal Protection Dogs
https://www.facebook.com/ThunderMountain...epherdDogs
I just got the Goat Tracks DVD's in (thank you Larry!) and I'll figure out how I want to post them with credits and all. Then Sabine and I can start fleshing this website out! I want it to be a resource for anyone Googling "pack goats". The information is still there at TheGoatSpot, but it's kind of hard to find because there's very little organization. I also got my hands on a mailing list with a lot of the old members of PackGoatForums. Once we have a bit more stuff here I'm going to go through it and try to contact folks and let them know of the change. We don't want to lose people just because of a website move!
You folks rock! Thanks for doing this! Smile
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada
I miss that everyone (most) had their state or location on the old forum. How about it folks...update your profile? Wink
Done Smile Great idea Tou
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
(12-22-2013, 10:43 PM)Dave-Trinity-Farms Wrote: Done Smile Great idea Tou

Nice Dave. I updated mine in my profile, but it still isn't showing up on the poster data. (Yours in your sig) Hmmm....

Nanno, any thoughts?
I will look into the location thing. I might need to enlist Phil's help since it's not obvious how to add such a field in the moderator control panel.
Has anyone got any experience boosting the google/yahoo presence of a web site in order to get packgoatcentral.com higher in the rankings for "pack goat" searches? I think this is something we should think about.

What about making a little ad for "Goat Tracks" magazine to let people know we're here? Perhaps could use the banner at top and just add the web address below it and a little 1 sentence description? Not sure what it would cost. Probably not that much.

Also we could post mention of the forum on the pack goat yahoo email list. I'm not sure if the forum would be considered the 'competition' or not...

One other idea. On the email list someone asked if there's a map of where it is ok/not ok to pack. You know what-- Perhaps putting together such a map is something we could think about doing. It'd sure help make this place a 'must be bookmarked' page for pack goat folks.

Oh, and finally, if you had a great thread from the old forum, perhaps you should reconstruct it here. I may rebuild my Hiking Utah 2012 and 2013 and Hiking the San Rafael Swell threads. They were full of pictures.
Ya it was just easier to put it in the sig.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)