Hi there!
Greetings from the wetside of Washington State.  I haven't had a goat since I was a kid but have been interested in packgoats since I ran into one at the Sportsman's show at the Puyallup Fairgrounds several years ago. From that time I have been trying to learn as much as possible, lurking here and on other forums along with watching videos and surfing the net for any scrap of info I could find.  

Now that I finally have a home with enough space to start my own herd I'm afraid I've gone goat crazy.  I put deposits down three goats before we even closed on our property and am going to look at another three this weekend. I picked up our first duo the same day we moved in, half-sisters, January and Siren, that are half Kiko and half Saanen.

[Image: 13691176_296064687410979_4929177954902703805_o.jpg]

Picking up goat #3 the first week in August. IAD Cantrell, 100% Kiko buckling, will be our herdsire if he turns out to be like his dad.

[Image: IMG_121.jpg]

Numbers 4,5,6 are two soon to be wethers and their sister. 1/2 Oberhasli, 1/4 Kiko, and 1/4 Boer. My ultimate goal is to have a packgoat specific breeding program but that is away off.  Right now we're just having fun and enjoying the environmentally friendly brush clearing.
Well hello and welcome! Goats certainly are addicting aren't they!? I hope you stick around to share your adventures with your newfound friends.
Thanks Nanno. I'm sure I will be sticking around considering I've been lurking for a few years. Now that I finally have some goats I figured I should register since I am sure I'll have some questions. In addition, it will be nice to meet / chat with other packgoat owners. Maybe even setup some local training hikes if anyone is interested.
Hello northcoast
Glad to have you come out of the woodwork. Smile
I am about as far as can be from you in the Foot Hills of the Blue Ridge MTG. in South Carolina.
But am working on this side of the USA to promote Pack Goats too.
Mainly because I can not take my horses trail and pack very many places here. Sad
Goats I can Smile Read up on the "Truck Chasing Goats and Stow Away Goats Threads."
I don't have anything fancy here breeding wise all wethers and do not plan on breeding.
Alpine X Nubian and Alpine X Saanen (4) total that is enough. They free range and come to call, on the trail they sting out and always keep a eye on the boss goat (ME.) they know were the treat pouch is. Smile
They also like to Mug "City Folk' and have been known to restrain a LEO in his car till called off.
Around camp they are the brush crew. Better than a chainsaw.
As soon as I try to start a outdoor project and they hear me I have "Supervisors"
Try putting deck screws  in with a goat dumping over or pushing the box of screws around. "Grill time" Smile
I see you have (2) white girls? Saanen X  ?   MY 2 wethers Alpine X Saanen born in March this year are so hard to tell apart I have to color mark their horns and hope I marked the right one. Blizzard and Fuzzy by name.
Happy Trails
Keep you goats dry
hihobaron Blizzard,Fuzzy,Pete Sam and the Troops in South Carolina
Welcome! There are several of us on the dry side of the state. Glad to see so many pack goat enthusiasts in Washington. Looks like a great herd Smile
Welcome! The annual Cascade Packgoat outing is the weekend after Labor Day near Carson, WA. We'd love to have you join us for a weekend of hiking and talking about everything goat! cascadepackgoatclub@yahoogroups.com
Goatberries Happen!
(07-23-2016, 09:07 AM)Taffy Wrote: Welcome!  The annual Cascade Packgoat outing is the weekend after Labor Day near Carson, WA.  We'd love to have you join us for a weekend of hiking and talking about everything goat!  cascadepackgoatclub@yahoogroups.com

Thanks Taffy.  I sent a message to the subscribe link. Not sure I can make that event.  I'm usually out in the woods for elk season the first few weeks in September.

hihobaron... I've read your threads, even made a copy of your IBC goat tote this last weekend. The goat tote was a quick and easy project.  I'm going to pick up a few more of those things to modify for goat purposes.

nebs.... I don't get over to that side as much as I'd like too even though most of my extended family is there. I do spend most of my September there though. This year will be an exception since I tore my bicep and rotator cuff. Still going to take my pack trainees over for a little hiking and hang out with my cousins on the weekends.
Demri, Cash, and Cieran are enjoying the new place. Picking up Cantrell tomorrow and our new herd will be complete. No more new goats until kidding next Spring.
Welcome from DownUnder Northcoast! Washington State is great goat country. Looking forward to hearing about your goat adventures and seeing some more pics Smile
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap