Hello from Flathead, MT
Photo 
Hello everyone! My wife and I live in NW Montana with a small dairy herd and a few pack goats. We've been learning about pack goats for some time and have really had a great time this year with the goats on the trail. I really like to learn from others and share pictures and experiences with the rest of the pack goat world. I don't know about some of you, but I'm kind of tired of the facebook drama, so I began looking for alternatives. My wife told me about this forum a little while ago and said her dad has had an account here for a few years. Not sure what his username is though...

Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" and I look forward to meeting other goat packers!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello and welcome! I LOVE the photo of the "Caprine Cowboy" there! There aren't many of us and the forum is often very quiet, but we are generally those few individuals who either quit the Facebook drama or decided never to get involved. One thing that's nice about a forum is if you post a thread, it doesn't disappear into the endlessly flushing toilet that is Facebook. It stays here forever and you and others can add to it, which makes it a more ideal place to post things like training techniques and questions, health concerns, etc.
Your "Caprine Cowboy" needs to be entered into the NAPgA calendar contest! I love it!

Welcome to the forum! You'll meet a great bunch of folks here who all love our packgoats and sharing tales and knowledge.
Goatberries Happen!
Smile 
Quote:One thing that's nice about a forum is if you post a thread, it doesn't disappear into the endlessly flushing toilet that is Facebook.

Well put, Nanno! Haha. Glad you like the "Caprine Cowboy" shot! :) Ozzy wears that hat better than I do. lol

Also, thanks Taffy for the tip about the Calendar Photo Contest. Didn't realize they did that. As a photographer, I'd love to see one of our goats on the calendar next year!
Hello and welcome!

Haha, "endlessly flushing toilet!"  Good one, Nanno! Big Grin
(07-28-2020, 09:08 PM)k.benefield Wrote:
Quote:One thing that's nice about a forum is if you post a thread, it doesn't disappear into the endlessly flushing toilet that is Facebook.

Well put, Nanno! Haha. Glad you like the "Caprine Cowboy" shot! Smile Ozzy wears that hat better than I do. lol

Also, thanks Taffy for the tip about the Calendar Photo Contest. Didn't realize they did that. As a photographer, I'd love to see one of our goats on the calendar next year!

Credit my husband for the "endlessly flushing toilet" description of Facebook. 

I usually announce the NAPgA calendar contest in late August/early September so keep your eyes peeled! I'll have an announcement about it here. Are you a current NAPgA member?
Not yet, but we are very interested in joining! Hopefully we'll be members very soon.
Join before the calendar contest--it's only open to members. Wink
Welcome! I am in the Bitterroot and raise pack goats!