Anyone ever heard of a Saanen Oberhasli cross
A Saanen/Ober cross should be really nice. I believe the white is dominant so the kid would be white, maybe with a little rust-colored hair down the spine and around the head. Both breeds have a good reputation for being gentle and calm. Horns are kind of a personal thing. I've seen some huge-horned Obers and Saanens (especially Saanens). The only breeds I've seen that consistently have small horns are Boers and Nubians. Goats wethered at only a few months old will have smaller, thinner horns than ones wethered later, but even goats wethered young can get enormous horns if they have the genetics. As for the soft, fuzzy coat, you're just going to have to trust to some luck on that one. Some goats just seem to be softer than others, and I've seen this across breeds. Once again, the only goats I've seen that consistently have very soft coats are the Nubians and Boers (although the Nubians are more soft and silky/sleek than fuzzy). Best of luck to her!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone ever heard of a Saanen Oberhasli cross - by Nanno - 01-15-2018, 08:15 AM