What's in a name?
We named Cuzco after the stuck-up main character in Disney's The Emperor's New Groove. Yes, we knew we'd just bought a goat, not a llama! But our new little guy's attitude was unmistakably similar to Emperor Cuzco's, so the name stuck. Of course, it being an unusual name, people are always getting in wrong. He's been called "Crisco," "Couscous," "Cuckoo," "Cisco," "Zuko," and a lot of other things I can't recall. I think from now one we'll try to stick with easier names. Wink

We named Nibbles "Nibbles" because she tasted every single thing she could get her lips on when she first came to our house, and it's the name of a classic computer game. Phil is a computer game developer by trade, so this works.

Nubbin was hard to name. She went through several before we settled on Nubbin. I'm not sure why, but it just seemed to fit and it sounded so well with Nibbles.

Petunia was named after Phil's dearly departed grandmother, Eunice, whose nickname was Petunia or Euni-petuni. And a flower name seemed fitting since her mother is Lilly. With Lilly, Petunia, and now a dog named Daisy, it sounds like I'm raising a garden instead of goats!

Messages In This Thread
What's in a name? - by Taffy - 01-06-2014, 09:52 AM
RE: What's in a name? - by Dave-Trinity-Farms - 01-06-2014, 01:47 PM
RE: What's in a name? - by Nanno - 01-06-2014, 07:43 PM
RE: What's in a name? - by ledel - 01-07-2014, 08:57 AM
RE: What's in a name? - by Taffy - 01-07-2014, 10:19 AM
RE: What's in a name? - by Huckleberry - 01-07-2014, 08:27 PM