Hello all! Kinder Breeder Here
Hello and welcome! I remember you well from TheGoatSpot! (I was Damfino, but I don't hang out there any more.)

Anyway, it sounds like you've got a great little project started. Kinders are lovely little goats and quite sturdy even though they're small. The most suitable body type is one that is longer-legged and not paunchy. Keeping weight off your wether will probably be your biggest challenge for that breed. But if you walk him regularly and keep him fet he should do fine. Since he's smaller you'll have a harder time finding a pack saddle that fits, but some makers do build saddles for small goats. You may also be able to get away with using a pack built for dogs if it's designed properly with spinal relief and enough shoulder room. Kinders are strong for their size, but endurance might be a problem if you're into long hikes. You might also look into training your wether to pull a wagon or cart. Cart goats don't usually require quite so much endurance as packgoats since you're usually not going all day, but strength is a huge asset. It's super fun to drive a goat in a parade or take them to birthday parties and community events where you can give goat cart rides to kids! Smile

Feel free to ask any questions you have. This is a pretty quiet forum these days, but there are a few folks still hanging around.

Messages In This Thread
Hello all! Kinder Breeder Here - by MellonFriend - 03-17-2023, 12:31 PM
RE: Hello all! Kinder Breeder Here - by Nanno - 03-17-2023, 01:55 PM
RE: Hello all! Kinder Breeder Here - by Nanno - 03-18-2023, 08:53 AM
RE: Hello all! Kinder Breeder Here - by Nanno - 03-20-2023, 10:35 AM
RE: Hello all! Kinder Breeder Here - by Nanno - 03-20-2023, 04:10 PM