Helicopters and stampeding goats
Today like so many times before a low flying helicopter inspecting power lines has caused my goats to stampede. I have filed so many complaints to our power company, local sheriff, county and as well as the FAA.

This is no safety issue. I realize PGE has to inspect their power lines, but why so low!? Just because I have goats and they may see no value in them, what if it were horses? My goats are big and strong, they could easily hurt themselves as well as my family when they stampede as we try to help them. What happens if they get out and cause an accident or property damage or get hurt and cause me expensive vet bills or worse. I live in town on a 2 acres, literally a few hundred yards from the power station.

This helicopter is in with a rocks throw away, too low!

Sorry to vent, but has anyone ever gone through this situation before?
YES! We've had a few helicopter incidents, but more often we've had problems with low-flying airplanes from the Air Force base up near Colorado Springs. A huge bomber practically took the roof off our house one time. It was so low I had to resist the urge to duck!

So far we've only had one accident from these fly-overs though, and I'll never forget it because it cost me money! A trio of low-flying fighter jets went right over our house on Mother's Day 2018. I'm not sure how it was even legal for them to fly so low over a residence, but anyhow one of my does was in her little house with her week-old kids when the planes roared over. She spooked and bolted out the door, caught her right side on something, and ripped a huge hole in her hide. Luckily I caught it right away and was able to get it stitched befor the skin dried out. The gash was probably about six inches across but the large flap of skin was still attached so all the vet had to do was stretch it back over (not too hard since she'd given birth the week before--had it happened while she was pregnant that skin would never have stretched far enough!).

Anyway, I called the Air Force Academy and they didn't take responsibility so they referred me to some other Air Force base in New Mexico. I made a few calls and got a few non-committal answers but no one fessed up. I don't know if someone took my complaint to a higher authority without admitting fault or if we've just been lucky, but that was the last low flyover we've had.
Well, I have caused a ruckus. I filed a complaint through the FAA and I even got a response on a Sunday. I was unable to get a tail number and the FAA needs that information to proceed. I'm hoping PGE is going to provide that information. They admitted it was their helicopter over the phone yesterday. Now whether or not they admit it in the long run is another story. At least I'm getting a response.

All I'm asking is that they not fly so low
I hope they do better.
I had a yak that HATED my brother-in-law's fast flying delta-wing RC plane with glowing blue bars on the front of the wing. Tibetty thought it was Aliens (again, I guess) coming down to probe or mutilate her. She ran and ran and ran until her black tongue was hanging out and she was exhausted. I made the air show stop because she never seemed to be getting over the fear of the plane. I blame (frizzes up hair) those Ancient. Alien. Astronauts.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!