Train Goats to be led
Hello,
My name is Claire. My husband and have about 90 acres in a hilly area in Queensland, Australia.  We spent some time in Washington State U.S.A. when our daughter lived there.  We intended catching up with Pack Goat people on our next trip, but covid intervened.  We have 6 feral/boer cross does at the moment.  They are very quiet.  One, having been bottle fed, is particularly so.  We use them for reducing vegetation load as part of our bushfire strategy and intend buying another 6 (kids) in September.  We use temporary electric fencing for laneways and for the area to be worked.  This works well as they can return to their night paddock without any dramas.  We have had an unusually good rainy season after 6 years of drought and need to move the goats further than is practical to set up laneways. It is a short walk and, as the goats are quiet and usually follow me I thought it might be relatively easy to train them to be led to the new electric fenced area.  I thought of buying a halter to attach a rope lead to but would like some advice as I'm not totally confident that all of them will follow me without a lead to the various areas we want them to reduce vegetation in. I would also like to train the kids with small packs in the future.  Thank you for reading this far.  I look forward to any advice. Best wishes,

Messages In This Thread
Train Goats to be led - by Claire - 06-24-2021, 08:37 PM
RE: Train Goats to be led - by Nanno - 06-27-2021, 08:05 AM