What's it like in your neck of the woods right now?
(03-20-2020, 02:15 PM)Nanno Wrote: I'm still not 100% sure what the panic is about. Every description of this virus sounds exactly like what went through our area in January/February so I'm thinking this may just be a panic and they slammed the gate after the goats left the pasture. I'll say this... if what folks had this past winter wasn't COVID-19, then the flu shots everyone got last fall were absolutely worthless.

yes, there is panic and panic is never rational.

On the other hand - not sure how well news from Europe are transmitted to you - the situation in some countries is desperate. Italy is close to a complete collapse of the health system. In Bergamo - small Italian town - they drive at average 60 (!)  coffins per day (!) from the hospitals to make-shift mortuaries in schools and other public buildings.

Italy went from "zero" to (as of yesterday) over 47.000 positively tested in less than four weeks (Feb. 24th till March 19th) with over 4000 dead (more than in China at their worst phase), 600 died yesterday (Friday) alone.

It may be ok in the less populated areas of the US but the cities with people living in close quarters and your health system being what it is..... I don't want to be a New Yorker, right now.

http://opendatadpc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...e38d4138b1
--------------------------------------
Sabine from Germany
[Image: zoVgi.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's it like in your neck of the woods right now? - by Sanhestar - 03-20-2020, 10:01 PM