Our New Family Member & Other Chit-Chat
Smile we bought a second kiko from same lady we.got Frankie from. Meat goat raisers, the lady had to bottle.feed these two and got too attached to see them wind up cabrito. Originally named "Ornery", we changed it to "Butterscotch" because of his color and.because we were afraid a name.like "Ornery" could become a self-fulfilling prophesy. Turns out he is only one month younger than Frankie but the bottle work was already done...yippee!

We took the two plus our 15 month old Nubian-lamancha cross out to our Waco equestrian park Wednesday, Butterscotch's first trip. It was 103 degrees but the sunny stretch to the shade of the forest is reasonably short, thank goodness. I was surprised how quickly we.were able to take him off the rope and he followed, although always the caboose. 

We were able to take them thru a.little deeper.water than we.found at the Rendy but felt like all our water training was for naught. All 3 found their ways around the water or.jumped for most part. Maybe because this water was muddy and they couldn't see the bottom. It came up about half way up my calf.  The one wide part we lined them up to go thru, everybody came to a grinding halt and I had to backtrack and lead each thru individually with a rope. Once in the water tho, the new guy kept up without having to be drug. Hope I can load some pics. I am not very good at this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Our New Family Member & Other Chit-Chat - by N5TIE - 07-28-2018, 03:23 PM