New and Looking for Trails
(01-09-2018, 01:28 AM)Deborah Haney Wrote: Hello,

I've had goats for quite a while but only just looked into packing. I'm not even sure if it counts as packing if I plan on taking my ND wether, Max, to carry my lunch and his half-sister, Ruby, because I can't leave her behind. We're located about 30 minutes north of Seattle and we've gone to a few trails but I'm looking for trails where I KNOW goats are allowed. I'm so paranoid that we'll get fined. 

Also, does anyone know if packstock are required to be on lead in Washington? They do really well off-lead (Ruby does WAY better off than on because she wants to stop and eat then catch up later) but I'm nervous that, because they're the size of cocker spaniels, people won't like It? I don't know, I live in fear of authority. 

Any trail suggestions, tips, and experiences with Washtington trails are appreciated!

I'm not familiar with Washington, but many people here are. I take the stance that if goats are not specifically prohibited then they are allowed, and that it's better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission. If there are no rules written anywhere that say you can't bring your goats, then if anyone gives you a hard time (and it's very unlikely they will, but Barney Fifes do exist), then ask them to show you where the rule is written.

Messages In This Thread
New and Looking for Trails - by Deborah Haney - 01-09-2018, 01:28 AM
RE: New and Looking for Trails - by Nanno - 01-09-2018, 08:17 AM
RE: New and Looking for Trails - by Deborah Haney - 01-09-2018, 09:02 AM
RE: New and Looking for Trails - by Deborah Haney - 01-09-2018, 07:22 PM
New and Looking for Trails - by Nanno - 01-09-2018, 08:07 AM