hurt legs
the hurt legs have returned! Both Does are limping badly again the Doe that was hurting them before is in a pen by herself (rehoming soon) There ankles are swollen and tender. I've been watching most of the morning from way outside the pen no one is being bratty that I noticed. I found some ibprofen should I give them some? How much would I give SQ,IM or orally?
Happiness is a working goat
I only give anti-inflammatories if the problem is really serious or ongoing. If they are just limping, I'd probably let them walk it off over the next couple of days. On the other hand, if they are having a hard time getting up, can't put weight on the injured foot, are having trouble getting something to eat, or are spending a lot of time standing off by themselves then it's time to give them some pain relief. I don't know what kind of ibuprofen you have or what size your goats are so I can't give any advise on how to dose them. I once gave human ibuprofen tablets to a goat that pulled a muscle during kidding and was having trouble standing up to eat or nurse her babies. I don't remember what dose I gave, but I think she was on it for about three days and it seemed to help quite a bit. I've never used liquid ibuprofen and I don't know if it should be injected.
They can barely walk I got some of this today for them
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/produc...-gel-12-oz
Hmm... it's weird that they're this bad. I wonder what's causing it?
Yes this is very weird I can get a picture on later
I can only think that they're somehow getting their feet caught in something. Now that you've ruled out the other goat's horns, it may be time to go over your goat pen with a fine-toothed comb and see if there is any kind of wedge or hole in any feeders, fencing, gates, spools, sheds, etc. Look for bits of hair caught in things made of wood or wire. Another thought is that they've somehow bruised their hooves. If it's so bad they're laying down and putting no weight on the feet I almost suspect abscesses in the hoof. I've only seen this in horses and I've never even heard of it in goats so I doubt that's it, but right now it's the only other thing that comes to mind. Infection inside a hoof can cause swelling and inflammation above the hoof since there's nowhere for the pressure to go except up. How do their hooves look, and are they hot?
So one Doe is better the other is worse. I have been told to give her b-complex, probios and all you can eat hay i can't find my b-complex i know that it's here some where this is the legs of the doe that's worse this picture is from yesterday it's even more swollen it's your right

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I would put an ice pack on it a couple of times a day. It may help the swelling and it should make her feel better.
She's doing better I was told by several people on the goat spot to give her B-complex witch I found after tearing apart the goat med bin and buying a new bottle
B complex helps them cope with stress and helps support their digestive functions while under medication and/or off-feed from feeling poorly. I'm glad the swelling is going down. Did you use any anti-inflammatories or is it just going down on its own?