just for fun
just as  a fun thing what is your favorite breed and why?
my favorite breed is Saanens
and why is because they are big and friendy
Happiness is a working goat
I am new to pack goats but I am really into the Alpines because of there very cool horns, especially if they where not weathered for a year or more.  There horns develope alot of character.  Cool question!!!
My friend's lamancha buck was just whethered his horns are 25 inches long
I dont know how long Steve (White) or Garbies (Brown) horns are but I dig them!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   2017121395131955-1.jpg (Size: 249.45 KB / Downloads: 44)
Beautiful boys It's hard to tell from the picture but am i seeing wattles on Steve?
No just funny hair tufts right know.
Rats looked like wattles. You could probably trick someone into thinking he has wattles. My buckling has wattles and as far as I know none of the rest of his family has them
Just my non expert opinion, but I like Lamanchas or Lamancha cross. From my limited interaction wit goats they seem to be the most intelligent and friendliest with alpines being close second.

I have 4 alpines, one Nubian/alpine and one lamancha/alpine cross, and lost one full lamancha.
Ya I have heard alot of people say they dont like the alpines as much because they ca be a little more aggresive with other goats.  I just really like the way they look.  Plus I like a little spirit  Big Grin    !!!!
I have noticed that my Alpine Doe is somewhat aggresive with my other goats.My Lamancha's temperment is my favorite with my Saanen being a close second.My only problem with the Lamanchas is their smaller size. This being a biased opinion my first goat Red Willow will always be the best looking goat ever. Big Grin In any other person's eyes she is not the best coformed goat any of us has ever seen