Check out this hunka hunka burning love!
Hi Everyone! This handsome guy is mine. I will admit I am not a pro at pricing, heck I am not a pro with goats. Last year was my first time owning a herd and it was a mixed herd. In the last year I have learned a lot. I bought Jack ,aka Hunka Hunka Burning Love, in part of a herd from someone in West Valley, Wa. At the time I wasn't worried about his pedigree not that it would matter all the guy could remember was his pedigree included Olentangy Farms and I thought he said Trinity Farms as well. I come from a cattle background and selling animals at auction (which most times doesn't include papers). I love Jack but I want to go the route of meat goats so I have purchased a registered Boer goat. Unfortunately Jack is no longer needed. I did research and I thought $350 was a good starting price for non-papered Alpine buck like Jack. Olentangy Farms pricing for a papered Alpine buckling ranges from $500-1200. At our local auction house goat bucks (not papered) go for up to $200 but I have never seen one as big or as good of a specimen as Jack. That was my idea behind the pricing. I am definately open to offers and trades,even advice. Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Check out this hunka hunka burning love! - by Teckelhut - 05-01-2014, 07:48 AM
RE: Check out this hunka hunka burning love! - by StacyJo26 - 05-01-2014, 12:51 PM