Pack Goat Central
Check out this hunka hunka burning love! - Printable Version

+- Pack Goat Central (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums)
+-- Forum: News (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Forum: Classifieds (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Check out this hunka hunka burning love! (/showthread.php?tid=285)

Pages: 1 2

Check out this hunka hunka burning love! - Taffy - 04-30-2014

http://yakima.craigslist.org/grd/4445828409.html

Is he gorgeous or what!?!?!

RE: Check out this hunka hunka burning love! - Dave-Trinity-Farms - 05-01-2014

I think they might be a bit confused on how to price him though. Unless he has a great pedigree and is registered. Nice looking boy. To bad he has horns.

RE: Check out this hunka hunka burning love! - Charlie Horse - 05-01-2014

Hunka hunka stinkin' love.

He reminds me of Bacchus' dad.

RE: Check out this hunka hunka burning love! - Teckelhut - 05-01-2014

He is beautiful. However he is a bit overpriced. Around here he would go for about 100 less then that. LOVE the horns!

RE: Check out this hunka hunka burning love! - Taffy - 05-01-2014

Looks like they're open to offers. I love his build and he has a gorgeous head and set of horns. They don't have his papers but it's obvious he's purebred. The people they bought him from thought they bought him from Trinity.

RE: Check out this hunka hunka burning love! - StacyJo26 - 05-01-2014

Hi Everyone! This handsome guy is mine. I will admit I am not a pro at pricing, heck I am not a pro with goats. Last year was my first time owning a herd and it was a mixed herd. In the last year I have learned a lot. I bought Jack ,aka Hunka Hunka Burning Love, in part of a herd from someone in West Valley, Wa. At the time I wasn't worried about his pedigree not that it would matter all the guy could remember was his pedigree included Olentangy Farms and I thought he said Trinity Farms as well. I come from a cattle background and selling animals at auction (which most times doesn't include papers). I love Jack but I want to go the route of meat goats so I have purchased a registered Boer goat. Unfortunately Jack is no longer needed. I did research and I thought $350 was a good starting price for non-papered Alpine buck like Jack. Olentangy Farms pricing for a papered Alpine buckling ranges from $500-1200. At our local auction house goat bucks (not papered) go for up to $200 but I have never seen one as big or as good of a specimen as Jack. That was my idea behind the pricing. I am definately open to offers and trades,even advice. Thank you.

When I first saw the picture I kinda thought it was. So I showed Tracy his picture and she confirmed it. This is one of our boys. He is actually not yet 3 years old. Closer to 2 1/2 years old. He is outta one of our does name Althea and his daddy is Catalyst. Here is a picture of him at 4 months old.

He was pulled late (raised as a meat goat) but he was so nice we tried to tame him down enough to sell as a packer. But after a couple of months with little progress, when a guy showed up and wanted a non papered breeding buck, we went ahead and sold him as such.

[attachment=391]

RE: Check out this hunka hunka burning love! - Taffy - 05-01-2014

I'm glad Tracy recognized him! He is such a gorgeous buck. I'm surprised no one picked him up as a packer. With his excellent bone and build he sure looks like he'd make a good one. What about wethering him and making him Legion's buddy since Legion has horns.

That is actually not a terrible idea. But we dont take in goats without a bio screen and a few other tests. Price+vet castration+testing = to much money. When I picked up Lincoln, that was the first thing I got to see, his test results. Even Catalyst got a bio screen test before we let him outta quarantine. Id state some other instances but in 5 years, those are the only goats who have join our herd Smile

RE: Check out this hunka hunka burning love! - StacyJo26 - 05-02-2014

Wow! Thank you all so much for finding out where Jack came from!!! I new he was amazing, but this helps prove it. Cute picture as a little guy. Thank you Taffy for posting him for me and thank you Dave and Tracy for taking the time to look into this. I truly appreciate it. Does anyone have any recommendations what I should do? How much should I sale him for non papered? Is it too late to get him papered? Is it worth it? I really would like Jack to find a nice home.