"Nanno got run over by a packgoat..."
Pay attention Charlie Horse! This morning I'm sure we had a visit from the Krampus! About 6:20 Phil and I were awakened by a horrific, crunching CRASH! We went out to investigate and our tree was lying on the floor, ornaments scattered (and shattered) in every direction. There was nothing to have caused it so it must have been old Krampus sneaking around our house, looking for a victim. Well, he obviously found one.

We set the tree back up, picked up the carnage, and I'll be gluing a few things back together today, but all told the damage isn't as bad as we first thought. Not much damage to the tree itself, and only 2-3 ornaments broken beyond repair. Two were the 70-year-old ones from Phil's grandma who died last year. She'd gotten this box of a dozen glass ornaments for .87c back in the 1940's or so and there were 9 or 10 still nestled in their yellowing tissue paper in the original box when we inherited it. I believe she'd put them on her tree every year until she died and had obviously taken very good care of them to still have so many. Well, now the box has two less.

"Way to go Nan and Phil--Grandma keeps something that survives for 70 Christmases, four kids, and a bunch of grandkids, and you break it the second Christmas you own it!"

I guess stuff can't last forever. I'll just blame Krampus.

Messages In This Thread
"Nanno got run over by a packgoat..." - by Nanno - 12-08-2016, 10:24 PM
RE: "Nanno got run over by a packgoat..." - by Nanno - 12-20-2016, 08:22 AM