Fractured Shoulder
Downunder Gal
Glad to hear your goat boy is coming around.
I ended up having to put down a very Nice Arabian Horse because of the same kind of injury.
Even if your goat turns into a yard pet you still have him. Smile
Happy Trails
hiohobaron
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately Atticus crashed again on Thursday, looks like he has opened up the fracture again Sad
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap
DownUnder Gal
Sorry to hear that.
From my experience with a horse with a badly "Separated" shoulder we had to use compression bandage and sling him in the stall to take ALL weight off the shoulder. This was done under direct vet supervision and 24/7 care situation.
Good Luck
Best Wishes
Give Atticus a couple bottles of Guinness Stout a day to settle him down, Have a couple yourself Mate.
hihobaron
(07-31-2016, 12:29 AM)DownUnder Gal Wrote: Thanks everyone.  Unfortunately Atticus crashed again on Thursday, looks like he has opened up the fracture again Sad

I'm so terribly sorry. Please keep us posted.
I have a bad feeling about it. Let us know, though.

Fortunately I don't really see a lot of serious bashing in my herd. Thank goodness the meanest ones are the girls! Hah.
We lost Atticus 2 days ago. I am devastated
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap
DownUnder Gal
My condolences as well as the Troops here.
All we can do is work through it and go on.
Respectfully
hihobaron and the Troops in South Carolina USA
I'm so, so sorry. You did everything you possibly could and I know he felt loved to the very end.
such a sad outcome - hugs!
--------------------------------------
Sabine from Germany
[Image: zoVgi.gif]

Well. I was afraid of this. But...He knew he was loved. Its strange how hard it hits. They're "just goats after all." I don't think most people quite understand what wonderful personalities they can have. They're individuals.

But here's the thing I do to make myself feel better in these situations: I find another. The world has made room for someone else, so go for it. Get another goat and let him inherit the good life in memory of Aticus.