Rendy Vet Check / Hike Day / CAE Testing / Tattooing Offer
Would like to extend an invite to any and everyone to come to here, to the farm, to have Matt the vet, do the vet check on all the goaties who are planned to go to the 2014 NAPgA rendezvous. Ill have to check with matt to see how long the papers are good for to determine the date. But am thinking the first Sunday in either May or June would be as good as any. Matt is tied up Saturdays at the livestock auction in Toppenish. I know Sundays are his home day but am thinking if I can talk him into bringing his prospect as well, he could join us for a hike afterwords.

Curtis brought up having tattoos instead of ear tags. We have the means to tattoo them here but as there will most likely be a little bit of blood from doing them, not sure how everyone would feel about that. So that would be something to discuss on here. Figure $5 fee for tattoos if that sounds fair?

We will be doing one of our bi annual CAE tests on the 24th (next Monday) Feb. So we could offer to do blood draws for anyone who wants to have their goaties tested and send them off to WSU with our shipment. Would charge costs plus say a $20 fee per goat if that sounds reasonable to everyone. This would lighten the mood of tattoos if everyone had current test results.

The actual vet time shouldnt be more then an hour. 2 at the most with paper work. The hike would just be an easy walk. Off the top of my head I can think of a couple places that are nice. There are trails next to the rock quarry near Beaver Bark on the Yakima. Or there are also some ok trails farther down at the mouth of the Yakima on the Columbia river under the highway over pass from Richland to Pasco. The first location has great water access areas to the water. If the weather and Yakima river permits, we might even get some water training in for those that havent but wanna give their goaties a try. OR if anyone else has a great spot they wanna try, feel free to post it.

So if you are interested, please feel free to post yes or whatever you wanna Smile Maybe you just wanna join the hike? Cool. When I get a set time after talking with Matt Ill post it. If no one wants to do it, thats all good as well. No worries.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)

Messages In This Thread
Rendy Vet Check / Hike Day / CAE Testing / Tattooing Offer - by Dave-Trinity-Farms - 02-19-2014, 11:05 PM