Newbie from the North East
Hello Warren
I am not in your area but have worked around the Finger Lakes area and out of Clay ,NY.
I am now in Northwestern South Carolina and like it here. I live in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Primary I am a horseman. But have had a goat or two as barn pets.
Got Interested in Pack Goats when presenting at Prepper Camp, in Saluda NC this fall. 
I was doing a Presentation on Using your horse as a Bug Out Vehicle.
Friends with goats were doing Milking and Pack goat presentation. I have packed with horses,and herded goats working for the NFS using goats for underbrush control. Friend had brought down a couple wethers to sell but they did not.
Friendly bottle raised and old enough to start some work. Some how they got loaded in my trailer with the horses I took up and came out back here in SC. Big Grin
See the "Stow away goats' story I posted a while ago here.
Right now they are just being bonded goats and brush eaters, Pete is old enough to carry a pack but $$ are preventing that. Sam is only 9 months so he has a good excuse for a while, BUT I have some horse gear, Saddle Bags,Cantle Bags,that I might just make work for him. good for a couple of bottles at least. 
I am going to try and do some promoting for pack goats in this area as there are lots of goats around and most people here only look to them as milk,meat or pets. I want to promote them as a good working animal, there are lots of good trails here for short hikes.
Feel free to drop me a line anytime or set up a chat time in the site chat room.
I am on EST time.
Happy trails
hihobaron

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Newbie from the North East - by WarrenPFjr - 12-06-2015, 07:40 AM
RE: Newbie from the North East - by Taffy - 12-06-2015, 10:37 AM
RE: Newbie from the North East - by WarrenPFjr - 12-06-2015, 03:07 PM
RE: Newbie from the North East - by hihobaron - 12-07-2015, 09:23 PM
RE: Newbie from the North East - by WarrenPFjr - 12-12-2015, 04:25 PM
RE: Newbie from the North East - by hihobaron - 12-13-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: Newbie from the North East - by WarrenPFjr - 12-17-2015, 08:06 AM