Kidding Watch
I have a doe due the 8th (Joules) & one due the 12th (Fuzzy). I SO love my remote cameras! I set my laptop up next to my bed and can check how the girls are doing during the night without getting up. Big Grin

Joules kidded on day 150 last year. She had a restless night last night but there are no signs she's ready to pop. Although - looking at the poor girl I don't know how she can expand any larger!

Any bets on when she'll kid and how many/what sex? Smile

Here's a photo I just snapped with the remote camera.

.jpg   Joules day 148.jpg (Size: 132.08 KB / Downloads: 73)
Goatberries Happen!
Caution: WIDE LOAD! Big Grin

I always bet two kids because it's a fairly safe bet and it's the number I most want to have since I think two smaller kids would be easier to deliver than one monster, and because goats have two teats--makes nursing a lot more straightforward.

As for sex, I always bet "healthy." I never honestly care whether I get boys or girls as long as they're healthy.

Jezebel is due May 12 as well. Which one will hold out longer I wonder? Jezebel is looking pretty "ripe" these days. She's a deep-bodied doe so she doesn't look overly huge or tight, but you can tell she feels heavy. She's also a first freshener, so not much udder yet to speak of. I think she's going to have a cute little udder, unlike the giant bags my other girls have. She started distancing herself from the other goats yesterday, so she must be feeling close. Even Delilah went off with the herd while Jezebel wandered off by herself, which is highly irregular. Those two are usually joined at the hip.
It's a girl! And a girl and a girl and a boy! Yup, Joules spit out 4 kids in just over 1/2 hour late yesterday afternoon. Mom & kids are all doing great. She raised 3 last year without losing body condition. I won't have her raise 4. I haven't decided if I'll pull 1 or 2. More photos later.

Goatberries Happen!
Oh my goodness! That is sooooo exciting!! And if you were hoping for girls... you got 'em! I'm glad everyone is doing well. Way to go Joules!!! Can't wait to see more photos! Big Grin
Ah beautiful babies! Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
How are your quadruplets doing? Can't wait to see some photos of them when they're dry and fuzzy!
Cuties!!!!!
Fuzzy has been holding off on evicting her kids. Today is day 152. As humungous as she is you'd think she'd want them out! She went into stage 1 labor around 7:30 last night. I am so thankful for my remote cameras. I didn't have to sleep in the barn. As of my posting this she's still in stage 1. The amazing thing she did about 45 minutes ago was so human-like. I left my footstool I sit on in her pen last night. She had her front feet up on the stool and every so often would sway her hips back and forth like a woman in childbirth.

Goatberries Happen!
Aw, I'll bet she goes today!! She's so cute! I wonder how many she's got in there?

I'm quite sure Fuzzy is going to beat Jezebel. We're on day 152 as well and Jezebel doesn't even look close to ready. I'm starting to wonder if she might have had a later heat cycle that I completely missed. Seems impossible since I watch my girls like a hawk, but these goats are always full of surprises!
It's a girl, and a girl and a girl! Fuzzy had triplet doelings late this afternoon. It was a difficult labor with the 1st doeling breech with doelings 2 & 3 normal presentations. Mom and kids are all doing great.

Nanno & Phil - these doelings have lots of color! Big Grin

I didn't get good photos today but will post some tomorrow. Here is a photo of Fuzzy with the 3 doelings just after doeling #3 was born. She's on the pad next to Fuzzy. The second photo was just taken with my remote camera. They're all resting after a strenuous day.

.jpg   Fuzzy and 3 doelings.jpg (Size: 89.22 KB / Downloads: 30)

.jpg   Fuzzy and doelings resting.jpg (Size: 114.9 KB / Downloads: 30)
Goatberries Happen!