Horns growing
So my goat is turning four soon and she was dissbudded as a baby but One of her horns is growing back I didn't think this was possible but I'm sure that wasn't they're before can someone tell me how this happened Confused
If she was dis budded then what you are seeing is a scur. Its not the entire horn just an area that didnt get his by the iron. A picture would help in telling you the best way to proceed with its removal. Though I would guess you dont have the means to do it so you may just have to have a vet come out and do it for you.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
The best way to get rid of it is to tie a string around the horn, then tie the other end of the string to a door knob. SLAM and the horn is removed.
(01-19-2014, 11:59 PM)Charlie Horse Wrote: The best way to get rid of it is to tie a string around the horn, then tie the other end of the string to a door knob. SLAM and the horn is removed.

...or the doorknob is removed. Tongue

@Ledel,

If your goat is four years old and you've only just seen this thing growing now, it may not be serious enough for you to do anything at all. Most likely she's been growing these scurs her whole life, then rubbing them off, then growing them again. Sometimes they bleed a little when they first come off, but it's nothing to worry about. Cuzco grows a small scur in place of his missing horn, and Nibbles used to grow them as well, but they always came off by themselves once they reached a certain size.
Oh ok yeah she has bleed there before but I just thought she was ramming my other goat to hard because she has scurs also thanks for the help
Depends on how much is growing back. Mine boys still grow little horns that are not attached to anything but skin. The normally get detached through routine sparring. But I have pulled them off. Sometimes a re-burn is necessary. I had one boy that was growing a rather large scur when he was younger. Vet re-burned it when he was out for 8 month old castration. Now it's good.
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.