My Season
was full of excitement and lots of good eats......

Got a huge mulie buck with the Bow..... Story will be in Western Hunter Magazine this spring,
[Image: IMG_1276_zpsff553416.jpg]

Got a double on elk with my Buddy Matt, took us till midnight too get back too camp with his bull, got up the next morning and I shot a "meat" spike with my first archery elk tag that I had.....
[Image: 000_0181_zps8708db1d.jpg]

my spike,
[Image: 000_0188_zps13fa1e8e.jpg]

with my second elk tag I was holding out for a branch antlered bull, and well I got my wish when I called this 6x5 in too 6 yards and smoked him,
[Image: 000_0194_zpsea0b2684.jpg]

after that I was out of tags, my wife has two elk tags, we struck out on her 5 day bull elk hunt with the rifle, she still has a late cow tag, but she does not want too go and try with all the snow we got, so this will have too do, we also struck out with her Deer tag, first year she has not filled her tags.... she still has till Nov. 30 for her cow elk tag and could go with her bow for deer on a late hunt that closes Nov. 30 also I believe,
Matt
Great looking animals brotha. And that rack on the buck, how weird! We just got a couple more deer yesterday for opening of late muzzle. All done with tags for the year and can now focus on ducks Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
You'll have meat in the freezer this winter! Nice looking animals. I love the rack on the mulie!
Goatberries Happen!
Way to go duck slayer! I hope that muley is going on the wall. Great elk. Did you guys pack any meat out with the goats? Great season!
Congrats!!
(11-21-2014, 08:03 PM)nebs Wrote: Way to go duck slayer! I hope that muley is going on the wall. Great elk. Did you guys pack any meat out with the goats? Great season!

Yea that buck is going on the wall, it's one of the top deer shot in Idaho with a bow.... I didn't get too pack any meat with the goats, there not old enough yet, 2 are march baby's and 1 is late April, so at least another year,
Matt

(11-21-2014, 04:30 PM)Dave-Trinity-Farms Wrote: Great looking animals brotha. And that rack on the buck, how weird! We just got a couple more deer yesterday for opening of late muzzle. All done with tags for the year and can now focus on ducks Smile

Nice... Been pounding the ducks here... But it's starting too warm back up... The rack is pretty sweet, on the left side both points were just about gonna split.....
Matt
That really is a beautiful buck. Nice job!
Way to go duck slayer!! Freezer full of meat is a great way to start the winter Smile. That really is a great looking muley.
That buck is huge but those are whitetail antlers. Maybe it was a cross buck. I've seen mule deer with whitetail antlers before. It's pretty weird
We have Mulie/Whitetail crosses here too. Always throws me for a loop.