Rendy attendance and hay
Thanks, goathiker, glad you're going to make it. I have posted some info on TGS, more to come.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
My big boy is looking better in his knee. I am going to have them tested for CAE. But if it comes out good, I'll still be there. If I gotta start over I'd look for a deal like Dave had on that big boy who was getting beat up by legion. But I am more optimistic than last week. I still think his legs need to be straightened like Forest Gump. They are cocked in looking from the front. He's never seemed sore, but could effect his load carrying ability.
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.
I actually still have Lincoln. The person sent a 50.00 deposit and was suppose to pick him up weeks ago but no word from them...

Hope your boy works out his leg thing and goes on packing a long time Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
I'm glad he's looking better and hope it all works out.
I am also interesting in knowing about the $15.00 price as I have to set aside money this coming payday (Friday), as we only get paid once a month and Rendy ends on our next payday. Is the $15.00 per person or per camp/group? What if there are two or three tents per group?
Debbie Luzier
http://mountainviewpackgoats.weebly.com
goingnutsmom01@gmail.com
another question, do people bring bucks to the rendy's? Since I had to sell my pack string a year and a half ago after my horse accident, I have had to start over. I have a 2 year old saanen buck that I have been hiking with. Wasn't sure if I could bring him or not. I have also have a 3 year old LaMancha wether that I got back, but I am not sure if he will be up to hiking/packing by then. He was severely underweight when I got him and was falling after only a few steps. He was 140 pounds, and now is up to 179 pounds. Looking much better, still a little ribby, and he can run really good if doesn't want to come home from browsing him in the field, lol! So it depends on how he is looking by the end of June if I bring him or not.
Debbie Luzier
http://mountainviewpackgoats.weebly.com
goingnutsmom01@gmail.com
That is a question for the members who have attended rendys before. I would think if your buck was well behaved and under control there would be no problem. As for the $15 camp fee it would be per camper unless it's a family. It will be $25 for a family. I'm trying to keep costs down but reserving the site plus renting porta potties and all the incidentals that are necessary does add up. I just want to make sure NAPgA doesn't end up in the red.
You could always bring your Lamancha and go on several short hikes instead of one long one. I will be bringing some "pasture potatoes" that haven't had much chance to get out and build any trail muscle. If I'm able to get out of camp at all it will be only for a short outing.
[i]
n
[/i]
How are you projecting you will be doing for recovering your costs? I hate to see volunteers holding the bag for helping out.
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.
One concern I'll mention about bringing a buck to the Rendy is that some folks last year (like me and Herb) brought does. I know it's not *officially* the rut, but we all know what happens when philanderers meet floozies! Wink

Last year everyone kept their goats penned or tied up at night, but there were a lot of loose goats roaming around during the day, so if you bring a buck you'll want to alert anyone with a doe and work out a plan to keep everyone safely sequestered and chaperoned.
Joe, I'm not sure how recouping my costs happens. Part will be from the camp fees to cover the major expenses, beyond that I would need to talk with someone who has coordinated the rendy before. I'm contacting all sorts of locals for donations for the auction but haven't heard back from anyone yet. The more I can round up to auction or raffle the better off it will be for NAPgA. I just worry I won't get the responses and I don't want anyone coming to this to be disappointed. At the moment that is my main concern. Some of the local goat packers are helping in whatever way they can, and sometimes just brainstorming helps.
[i]
n
[/i]