GET OFF THE CURB!!!
Folks- It's time to get off of the curb and JOIN NAPGA! It is only $20 per year, guys and gals!

Joining can be accomplished in a variety of ways. Fill the form out and send it in, OR just PayPal NAPgA $20.00. It's not that hard.

All of us have been recipients of services provided by NAPgA, or by mentors in the goatpacking community. It is time for ALL of us to give back at a time when we desperately need all of your help.

Don't expect that the fight to keep our Forests open can be accomplished by a handful, WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Charlie Jennings
NAPgA
Key word is "only" folks. $20 really does not get you very far these days. But, in this case, for $20, look at what you are supporting. WOW! Talk about more bang for your buck! What a deal!
(04-25-2014, 06:58 AM)vigilguy Wrote: Folks- It's time to get off of the curb and JOIN NAPGA! It is only $20 per year, guys and gals!

Joining can be accomplished in a variety of ways. Fill the form out and send it in, OR just PayPal NAPgA $20.00. It's not that hard.

All of us have been recipients of services provided by NAPgA, or by mentors in the goatpacking community. It is time for ALL of us to give back at a time when we desperately need all of your help.

Don't expect that the fight to keep our Forests open can be accomplished by a handful, WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Charlie Jennings
NAPgA

I agree 100% Charlie...time for some tough love & put it in perspective.

Our official PAID membership is almost pathetically small compared to what it could & should be. I do not think current paid membership is much over 100...that is ridiculous IMHO. Lets do some math, IF the 2,100 people on the mailing list were to join, renew etc for one year, NAPgA would have over $40,000 in the kitty at this much needed time. Now... if people would consider paying for 2 or even 3 years, that $40 or $60 would interpret to $80,000 or $120,000 in the NAPgA kitty for this land use legal battle we have pending.

Reality is this...win or loose this battle, it is DIRECTLY related to the survival of Goat Packing in America. You think it is small and slowly growing now? We loose & it may very well all but disappear. We have to win it and...we have to have the funds to do so.

I said it before, if you are a GoatPacker, interested in GoatPacking in the future, have GoatPacked with a family or friend, are in any business related to goats or supplies...there is absolutely no excuse for not being a member...especially in this time of need.

That all said, my only concern Charlie is we may be preaching to the choir to many here & the reality this forum represents only a very small percentage of the PackGoat community. We just aren't reaching our existing base let alone expanding it.

On that note folks, we all need to mention at least joining NAPgA to anyone you think is, might be or was vaguely interested in GoatPacking.
Those are pathetic numbers for sure. I am new to goat packing (though not new to packing as I packed with llamas for years). I just bought a pair of bucklings from Dave. They are not old enough to pack yet. I joined NAPgA anyway as I saw the need. So it would be interesting to know why the other folks on this forum have not became members.

There is strength in numbers. And clubs, assn.'s and groups have a bigger impact than individuals when it comes to standing up to a bad situation. Sitting on your tush and complaining only gives you a sore tush and a headache. Becoming a member gives NAPgA the monetary power to keep doing the very reason you are here at the forum. To pack with goats.
(04-25-2014, 06:58 AM)vigilguy Wrote: Joining can be accomplished in a variety of ways. Fill the form out and send it in, OR just PayPal NAPgA $20.00. It's not that hard.

On this note...it isn't that hard to join & become a paid member. I know for a fact that you can send the funds via PayPal as I was the first to get them to do so last year....its easy. All you need is the email address associated with NAPgA's PayPal account to send funds. (not posted here for obvious SpamBot reasons.) Not that we want to pull anything but depending what you are sending, you could probably make it a "Gift" which would save a bit on fees for NAPgA...have to check on that though.

Also I imagine the form information could just be included in the memo part of sending funds as well. (I sent mine after the fact.) I'm also guessing many of us already have PayPal accounts, if you don't they are easy to get.

Hey Charlie, I can't seem to remember when my membership lapses & its time to renew. I'm guessing I may not be the only one; what is the chance of setting up an account for an annual automatic reoccurring charges for our Membership Dues on our individual anniversary dates? I think this would help immensely with renewals. (Permission could be set up to be given at initial set up.) Obviously paying for 2, 3 or even 5 years would be easier & benefit our land use legal battle at this time.

BTW, I think it is waaaay to cheap for what NAPgA does for us all. I'm pretty much a nobody but I think that NAPgA should consider raising it a bit.

*** What is the price that membership, access to your favorite National Forest secret or not so secret spots & all that NAPgA does for you worth to you folks, $25/yr? $30/yr? $50? ***

JMHO

Ken

Welcome Teckelhut, thanks for joining our community & NAPgA as well as donating.

(04-25-2014, 10:09 AM)Teckelhut Wrote: Those are pathetic numbers for sure. I am new to goat packing (though not new to packing as I packed with llamas for years).
I just bought a pair of bucklings from Dave. They are not old enough to pack yet. I joined NAPgA anyway as I saw the need.

Yep...no doubt about it, their is absolutely no excuse for it.

Quote: So it would be interesting to know why the other folks on this forum have not became members.

I too would like to know. I actually think that many if not most HERE are...if they aren't they definitely should be.
The key is reaching the other mentioned parties from my last post.

Quote:There is strength in numbers. And clubs, assn.'s and groups have a bigger impact than individuals when it comes to standing up to a bad situation. Sitting on your tush and complaining only gives you a sore tush and a headache. Becoming a member gives NAPgA the monetary power to keep doing the very reason you are here at the forum. To pack with goats.

Amen and AMEN...we all need to "put our money where our mouths are" as well as "put-up or shut-up" or we will loose the priveldge to do so. Thank you all that are paid members & or have donated to this cause.

All the best!

TOU
I'm spreading the word best I can (with laryngitis) at the goat show this weekend. I've got a table set up with a working goat display right next to Cuzco's stall. He always gets a lot of attention so hopefully he'll encourage lots of folks to stop by his table. He looks very regal presiding over it, I must say! A few people have picked up the pamphlets I made, and I've got a stack of NAPgA business cards that say, "Join today and help keep our public lands open!"

I'm giving an hour-long packgoat presentation tomorrow at noon. I'm not sure how that's gonna go since I got a cold in my throat this week and have almost completely lost my voice. I hope I recover a little tonight and can get through it. All i can say is they'd better have a great microphone! Wish me luck!
I hope you're feeling better today. The work you are doing this weekend is SO important! I really appreciate your efforts and this wonderful website.
Goatberries Happen!
So Phil ended up taking my notecards and doing the talk for me since I could barely squeak out a whisper. Phil did a good job. His talk was about half as long as mine would have been and it was hard to answer questions because I had to relay the answers to Phil so he could speak them to the audience. I've handed out a few pamphlets and NAPgA cards but it's been hard to work the crowds and talk this stuff up like I want. I'm a salesman at heart so this laryngitis thing is really frustrating. I don't feel bad but I sound terrible. I improved a little throught the day though, so I'm hoping I'll be better tomorrow and can work the crowds a bit more.
Sorry you aren't feeling good Nanno. We all appreciate your efforts! Thanks!!