Family Pack Goat Trip
The Goats gave me, my family and my parents in law the opertunity and ability to go on a really great weekend camping trip.  It ended up being really awesome, the most Glampy trip ever.  We had sausage Megas for dinner and fresh Crepes for breakfast.  It was a little smokey but the weather was cool.  Fishing was ok.  But my kids loved camping with there Grampa and Grandma as well as the goats.  My wife who was not the biggest fan of the whole goat idea even admitted that they where very easy, did not stink and she has already started planning a back packing trip just for her and I with the goats.  My father inlaw who had also made some comme ts about the whole goat packing idea ate a few of his words when all he had to carry was his sleeping bag.  They also want to do another trip next year. Total win for me all around.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Couple more cool pics from the trip.  I love my guys.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Crapes... So good! You went all out on that trip. You know, I've got a freeze drying machine. I should make some fancy camping food soon!

I cant really believe the horns on those goats. Wow. If you're going to have horns, go all out, I say.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!
What a great trip! Isn't it a great feeling when your goats do you proud!
(08-29-2018, 10:04 PM)Charlie Horse Wrote: Crapes...  So good!  You went all out on that trip.  You know, I've got a freeze drying machine.  I should make some fancy camping food soon!

I cant really believe the horns on those goats.  Wow.  If you're going to have horns, go all out, I say.
Its like math- Packgoats + motivation= Great camp food!!

I love the big horns!!  Multiple times know I have seen my guys go toe to toe with dogs and win.  Just this trip a lab came off the trail in into our camp.  He headed for Steve, who ran for a second then turned and bunted the dog.  The dog jumped across a small creek right into where I had Brian and Garbie low lined.  Brian got a piece of him also before the dogs owner finally showed up.  I had a few words with him, but his dog had already headed back to the trail giving my camp a wide birth!!
(08-29-2018, 10:44 PM)Nanno Wrote: What a great trip! Isn't it a great feeling when your goats do you proud!

Ya, I am a pretty good outdoor guy.  I was really nervous to take tge guys out with such a "important" bunch of judges.
Great pics. Great goats. Job well done.
Well you did a great job, impressed the inlaws and your wife- well done to you and your goats!
Great photos. Delicious looking camping food too, I look forward to my boys being big enough to pack so that I can go all fancy with my camp cooking too instead of the freeze-dri stuff I eat now.