Picking up our new baby buckling today!
It is with a heavy heart I post that my little buddy died last night. Was perfectly fine and healthy and 3 pm for his lunch feeding and dead by 9pm for his dinner feeding. Had Matt the vet come out this morning to do a necropsy on him. He already suspected what killed him. Its about the only thing that can kill a kid in 6 hours with no symptoms. Opened him up and Matt instantly could see what killed him. Enterotoxemia caused by the toxins from clostridial prefringens. This is what CD/T is suppose to vaccinate against. In fact this boy had his second CD/T booster not a week ago. But it only covers C and D strains. With a few thousand dollars I could find out exactly which strain but that would be ridiculous. We will be using Calvary 9 from now on to help cover more bases but nothing protects completely. It usually effects fast growing babies and Ronin was growing very well. Just one of those perfect storm kinda things. Or as Matt put it, winning the lottery in reverse. Evening doing everything right, it could not be stopped.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Picking up our new baby buckling today! - by Dave-Trinity-Farms - 04-05-2015, 11:47 AM