would anyone be interested in a book about goat packing?
I'm a writer and I can tell when a new book idea is brewing...do you guys think people would be interested in a story about life on the trail with goats? The story may be low on human characters, as I tend to avoid people, but the goats are pretty interesting characters themselves and may provide some good drama (Cricket doesn't like hikes, Tito is torn between following me and running home after Mamma, Olive just wants to be accepted by her mama and big brother, etc). I've done some short trips (and lots of car rides in the old Toyota Tercel with all 3), but I'm planning a longer backpacking trip in the next year or so where I'd like to stay out for at least a couple months, looking for good caves and practicing primitive skills (fire making, etc), and living mostly on wild plants and the yogurt I make from Cricket's milk. There may be some amusing tourist interactions, hopefully not a lot of wildlife encounters, personal reflections, and pack goat info. Let me know any thoughts you guys have and what do you think would interest readers, and I will take them into consideration, if I decide to actually go ahead with this project.

Messages In This Thread
would anyone be interested in a book about goat packing? - by Dandelion - 10-23-2023, 02:25 PM