Hi from Australia - New to pack goating
Hi All,
I'm new to goat packing and I am interested in setting up a string of goats. Goat packing in Australia is not overly common. I am looking at adopting very friendly goats that have been peoples pets to use at pack goats. Has anyone done this and so they have any advice? I'd like to do a very very long distance trip in April on the National Trail and have dreams of getting a string together for it. Are these realistic expectations?

How many goats would I need to carry 2 people's worth of hiking and camping gear to allow me to be sufficient for two weeks at a time. I pack light, but I get back pain if I carry loads for too long hence wanting to use goats.

Can you recommend what gear to buy? There are quite a few different brands and it's a bit overwhelming and the AUD to USD exchange rate is terrible at the moment so the gear is very expensive.

I'd appreciate your insight and would love to touch base with any other Aussies - especially if you're in Victoria.

Thanks
Stella

Messages In This Thread
Hi from Australia - New to pack goating - by Shirtlessstella - 07-31-2023, 02:51 PM