Tribute to my Father
He was a fabulous father, thank you. I'm currently in Texas because my dad's father Charles just passed away and we came down for his funeral. We've had a LOT of losses among family and friends this year. My mom and I are staying in Texas for at least a few more days or a week to help my Charles' widow, Dominique, who is getting her hip replaced on Wednesday. She did not reschedule her appointment when Charles died because it might be months to get an appointment and she already can't walk. She was supposed to have this surgery last April (back when she could still shuffle along with a cane) but of course COVID happened so now she's been in a wheelchair for a while and I hope that doesn't slow her recovery. I'm sure her muscles have atrophied quite a bit in the last few months. But anyway my mom and I are here and I'm very glad that we are. It's good to have this family time. Dominique is a wonderful lady and everyone in my family loves her dearly even if she's not biologically related to us. She's closer to my dad's age so hopefully this hip replacement will get her back on her feet because I believe she still has quite a few years left.

I'm very happy that the weather down here is WONDERFUL right now! My grandparents have the nicest (and biggest!) yard in all of Granbury and I hope tomorrow to be out helping the gardner because things have been allowed to get a little overgrown in the last few months. Their gardener still works but is old and has cancer, so between him and my grandparents' decline the yard is not as nice as I'm used to seeing. Recently there's been a new young gardener to help the elderly one and I hope I can help those fellas get some things done while I'm here.

Messages In This Thread
Tribute to my Father - by Nanno - 09-20-2020, 03:25 PM
RE: Tribute to my Father - by Charlie Horse - 09-20-2020, 05:19 PM
RE: Tribute to my Father - by Nanno - 09-20-2020, 06:31 PM
RE: Tribute to my Father - by blackie's maiden - 11-01-2020, 12:45 AM
RE: Tribute to my Father - by Nanno - 11-01-2020, 08:02 PM