Goat-O-Rama's Summer Adventures
In July I was supposed to go on a women's "all-animal" pack trip with Alexa from Pack Animal Magazine like we did last year. I had it all planned and did all the work making arrangements to leave, only to have the trip cancelled just a few days before when two ladies backed out with no warning. It was frustrating and disappointing, but I was embroiled in the proposed GMUG packgoat ban at the time and really wanted to attend an open house meeting in Gunnison which fell right in the middle of the pack trip. So I went to that instead. 

In early August, Finn and Sputnik had their first paid gig when they were asked to give cart rides at a local family reunion. Sputnik did all the heavy lifting at that event. Finn was supposed to provide entertainment in the form of tricks and petting. But Finn was in a sour mood that morning so we mostly left him be while Sputnik pulled everyone around the yard. We even persuaded the grown-ups to each take a ride! 

That afternoon we took them over to Beulah for the annual Arts & Crafts show. Both goats pulled carts for that event, and it was a good time. We were too hot and busy to get photos at either one of those events, but I took pictures of Sputnik getting his bath beforehand. I think I've mentioned before that Sputnik loves baths. He pushes his face into the spray and flaps his lips, closes his eyes, and goes, "Oooh... ahhh..." 

Nice 'n' clean! (And ready for a towel!)

Finn is a little dramatic. He doesn't care for cart-pulling and is inclined to sulk and put on a dying act for the entire day, even after he's done working. We put him in the trailer where he pouted under the hay bag and made pathetic little baa-ing/whimpering noises while Sputnik happily munched hay and dropped it all over Finn's back. "Poor, abused Finn!" 

Messages In This Thread
Goat-O-Rama's Summer Adventures - by Nanno - 08-19-2019, 10:02 AM
RE: Goat-O-Rama's Summer Adventures - by Nanno - 08-19-2019, 10:10 AM
RE: Goat-O-Rama's Summer Adventures - by Nanno - 08-19-2019, 10:28 AM
RE: Goat-O-Rama's Summer Adventures - by Nanno - 08-20-2019, 11:43 AM
RE: Goat-O-Rama's Summer Adventures - by Nanno - 08-22-2019, 03:46 PM
RE: Goat-O-Rama's Summer Adventures - by Nanno - 08-22-2019, 03:50 PM
RE: Goat-O-Rama's Summer Adventures - by Saph - 08-27-2019, 07:35 AM
RE: Goat-O-Rama's Summer Adventures - by Nanno - 08-29-2019, 06:39 AM
RE: Goat-O-Rama's Summer Adventures - by Nanno - 09-06-2019, 12:19 PM
RE: Goat-O-Rama's Summer Adventures - by Nanno - 09-06-2019, 03:44 PM
RE: Goat-O-Rama's Summer Adventures - by Nanno - 09-06-2019, 10:06 PM