What are your top lessons learned in Goat Packing?
From someone awfully green yet, our only overnight experience was the 2018 Rendy. Lesson learned was.new.appreciation and.feeling closer.to the goats. I am a diehard horse person. I think it was more my hubby attracted to this whole.crazy idea of goat packing. But I have to say seeing how willing the goats were to stay close to us even loose and.follow us so willingly was an awesome experience. I have to say camping with the goats is WAAAAAAYYYYY less stressful than camping with horses where you need to find or set up pens, carry a.lot more food if any, and have to deal with all their "spooks" that horses seem to be able to see.that we can't!!!

Gave me.new.respect for the goat's intelligence. After we.hiked a few hours, Hubby was struggling with our new.trail GPS.to backtrack. Meanwhile, Blackie.was always a.few.feet out front, looking back as if to say, "Good grief! This way, guys!" And he was right every time. His other name is now "the fuzzy GPS".

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are your top lessons learned in Goat Packing? - by blackie's maiden - 08-22-2018, 12:53 PM
RE: What are your top lessons learned in Goat Packing? - by Mangano - 09-10-2018, 05:55 AM