Two more new little Ben Lomond Packers...
Hey All,

Just thought I would share a bit more. This last week, I was lucky enough to add a couple more good looking future packers to my Ben Lomond Packing Herd. My wife wasn't quite so impressed when I brought home these young bottle babies unannounced though. Blush Her heart is starting to melt of course though.

These purebred LaManchas from the same herd as vigilguy's (Charlie) recent acquisition. All three are actually 1/2 brothers with the same sire but mine are of course disbudded. Let me tell you...for a 1 year old, this buckling (sire) was HUGE! I would love to have him but & add him to my herd. I didn't get a chance to measure how tall or find out his exact weight on him but he was amazingly big & obviously still growing. While I actually do have his bloodlines somewhere & apparently they are amazing. Of course that isn't the most critical thing to me as much as build/conformation, size & temperament...lets just say that I'm very pleased. Interestingly, he is the blackest black & whitest white goat I have ever seen. His hair was also really silky & soft; one of my kids have the same kind of coat with the same coloring. Here is some pics of the sire with his two funky scurs:

[Image: IMAG0932.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0931.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0930.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0929.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0933.jpg]

More momentarily...

More...

While these two were a good deal they weren't free like Charlie's. Wink Like his little boy my two little boys are solid, have great legs, stance, gait as well as very pleasant demeanors. They have been bottle raise since day one and love people.

Here is Kody who I believe was a triplet born on March 4th.

[Image: 152452-1394920380-471161.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0963.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0962.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0961.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0945.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0944.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0943.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0953.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0952.jpg]

This little guy who still isn't names yet has the jet black silky coat of his father but just ended up with one white leg. He was born on March 22nd and was single over 12 lbs. Here he is as a nearly newborn.

[Image: 152452-1395698258-937227.jpg]

These are some from my phone from this week...

[Image: IMAG0958.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0957.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0950.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0949.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0947.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0946.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0960.jpg]

Here be are some together.

[Image: IMAG0954.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0955.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0956.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0959.jpg]

Sorry so long, I hope you enjoyed them...I know my kids & me are really enjoying them. Thx for the heads up Charlie...however, I'm not completely out of the "Goat-House" with my wife yet. Blush ...and neither are you. Undecided Wink

Cheers,

TOU

Messages In This Thread
Two more new little Ben Lomond Packers... - by TOU - 05-02-2014, 10:24 PM